Pink Sheets

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

School Kids

Our computer program thing at work is down for another 36 minutes. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this time, but I guess I might as well blog. I've been surfing the Internet this morning looking for Supernatural posters to get Jilly for her birthday. They have one on the official website that I would be interested in getting, however I'm having technical difficulties. I signed up for their fan club and I'm suppose to receive a discount but it's not working, so I emailed them.


I was also checking out the activities offered at our rec center for the kids to do this winter. So far, the choices are swimming lessons and Tang Soo Do. They also have a kayak class in November. It's one night for a couple of hours and it's free. I think that would be fun for the older kids. I guess we'll see what I decide. Or they decide.


Went to Jordan's parent-teacher conference last night. Good stuff, of course. He has talking issues but he promises to work on that. I don't know if he'll ever be able to completely stop talking in class but it could be worse, I'm sure. I've never had to sit through one of those conferences before and I hope I never do. Riley and I went to his conference when he was in 5th. There was another student and his parents there too and they were not having a good conference. Very awkward.

Right now Jordan is doing awesome grade-wise, but Darby and Riley have some areas for improvement. Riley's problem is Science and he is going to be in serious trouble if he does not correct that C. It's pretty annoying. He has a 98% in Pre-Engineering, which is a class he loves, but a C in Science. I'm certain it has to do with his interest in the class. I'm working on getting him more "interested".

Darby's problem area is Math. I don't blame her but she needs to be doing better. Way better. I just emailed her teacher to see if I can get some practice worksheets. I don't think she's really applying herself this year and it really upsets me because she has done so well in the previous years. I don't know what's wrong with her but I'm pretty sure I can blame her dad for it. I'm just saying...

And Jillian is just cute. And sassy. She doesn't get graded on those things though. Brian and I were just talking about her starting kindergarten. That makes me so sad, but I know she is going to love going to school. Maybe not at first because there's that whole "everything is new" panic she goes into, but after a couple of days she'll like it. She has loved Awanas now that she's in the big kid class. She's more willing to let me leave her and I spy on her sometimes and she's participating and talking to the teacher and the other kids. It's good to get her socialized. Like one might do for a dog. That's what I always think of when I tell people that I'm trying to get Jillian more socialized. But I am. She's shy and afraid of new situations. We have to get her out there and comfortable with the world. You know, socialize her.

1 Comments:

  • That is the one area my mother failed in, was getting me "socialized" and it has harmed me to this day. I'm SO glad you see how valuable it is and will make sure your kid masters it.
    As for the dog thing- reminds me of South Park and Ceaser (the dog whisperer) and how he got the kids to behave doing the dog things. Not really that far off from each other!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 9:34 AM, October 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home