Pink Sheets

Thursday, October 08, 2009

It's official. It's Halloween time. We have the Halloween dishes, decorations, movies and music out. We went fabric shopping with my mom for Halloween costumes. Jillian is singing Halloween songs and insisting we listen to the CD's over and over again. She talks about Halloween just about every day. Darby decorated the entrance. I bought Halloween lights and have no idea where they are going to go.

I don't really know what we're going to do on Halloween. We have options, but I think the kids' idea of staying home and trick-or-treating our neighborhood is the best idea. It might be nice. I think there are more kids in our area now. At least it seems that way. Maybe our kids are actually making friends now or something. Either way, maybe we'll get more trick-or-treaters than we have in the past couple of years.

We still need to buy our new decorations, but that will have to wait until Darby gets back on Sunday. Maybe we can go Monday evening after I get off work. Or whenever, but soon, you know, before Halloween.

Riley went on his first little group outing last week. They went to Haunted World. A girl's dad picked him up and dropped him and a couple of girls off at Haunted World, where they met up with a couple of his other friends. It's so bizarre. I can't believe it's come to this. I am not looking forward to high school. He had so much fun and I'm glad he went but when he got home at 11:30 I kept telling him "I'm so glad your home". I think he thought I was psycho. He just said "thanks", like I was some kind of nut job. But it was late and I knew it would be late but I kept thinking "what if he gets left there" or something. It would be awful. I was told by a mom of a teenager those feelings never go away. Great!

Jillian called me a major retard the other day. I guess they're all growing up.

2 Comments:

  • How exciting for Riley that he is getting out on his own some. Just not so much for you :(. I love Halloween. I hope to have our candles changed and decorations up today.

    By Blogger Deana, at 6:50 AM, October 13, 2009  

  • This is the year the boys figured out their dad was a "short" man. This is also the year they found out I don't know "everything". I think they are figuring out we are human! Ekk!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 9:30 AM, October 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home