Pink Sheets

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I Love a Long Weekend

Those naughty, naughty Ducks. They made big news last Thursday night. At least in the sports world. A Duck hit a Bronco in the face. Yes, the Bronco happened to be taunting the Duck after winning the game, but still, in the face? Come on. You don't think that's going to cause a little problem? Plus, on the way to the locker room, while being held back by a coach, a cop and some security guys he started going after the crowd. The BSU crowd. Idiot. Anyway, that Duck will not be playing the rest of the season (note that Thursday's game was the first game of the season) and from what I hear he's the best player they have. Here's a link if you want to read and see more.

Other than that not much excitement. I took Friday off, which was so nice. I'm still running out of days. Ack! I need more days off, but that's just not going to happen. I'm trying to conserve the best I can but it's not easy. And I am somewhat unexpectedly need to take four days off in November, which really throws me off. But, I'm excited for those days off. Very excited.

So, Friday Jordan and I went to Darby's school and ate mini-corn dogs for lunch. It wasn't as bad as I feared. They were okay. I also had to cheat on my hair girl. I didn't want to but it was unavoidable. I needed my brows waxed. Desperately. And before the Labor Day weekend. I couldn't look at those babies any longer. They were awful. So, I went to some random place downtown and spent, way, way too much on my eyebrows. Way too much. I never want to do that again. I like my hair girl.

I was thinking about my previous post and the discussion of Halloween we had in the car on the way home from Awanas and I realized that those car conversations are the best. I always have the best conversations in the car with the kids on the way to practices or Awanas or when I drag them to the store. It's just a relaxed setting. No stress. Even more so than the dinner table and way more than when I talk to them on the phone. I don't know why. It seems like they'll talk about anything and everything in the car. Like it's a safe zone. You should have heard some of the conversations on the way home from the mountains. Too funny! I won't give details today. It will be another post.

I'm tired this morning. Still recovering from my lazy weekend, I guess.

3 Comments:

  • Jeez, maybe we can send one of those Ducks over to punk out Beckus Dickheadus or some of those other idiots spewing hate against Prez Obama's school children speech today! :o)

    By Blogger Karen, at 9:04 AM, September 08, 2009  

  • Gosh I have so much catching up to do here! I hate it when I need something done and can't get to my normal person. Last time I forgot to have my brows done. I don't know how you do that but I did and they grew so much I had to cheat too.

    By Blogger Deana, at 1:01 PM, September 08, 2009  

  • Sounds like a blissful weekend!

    I'm with you on the eyebrows. I was cursed with the bushy eyebrows genes. A really bad scene when I don't keep them groomed constantly.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 10:34 PM, September 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home