Pink Sheets

Monday, August 10, 2009

BeerFest 2009

Brian and I went to the Beerfest this weekend with his parents and we had so much fun. What could be better than standing around in 80 degree weather, with a breeze, sun out, trying different beers and eating junk food? I don't think much tops that. For $20 we received a beer mug and 17 tokens. Each token buys you a 4 oz sample of beer. I used 15 tokens throughout the day and Brian used 19. So, you can do the math on our consumption. We were there for several hours, but that's still a lot of sampling.

After we left the Beerfest we went to Dairy Queen where I ordered a cheeseburger and fries. This after eating something called a Pork Lollipop and a pretzel and part of a jumbo cookie. Needless to say I didn't really enjoy the ride home and was ready to take a nap on the couch and do nothing the rest of the evening. Unfortunately, we made plans to go to Brian's brother's house for some fights or something on TV. And though I enjoy hanging out with his sis-in-law, I made it to the couch and I was not leaving the couch. I skipped the fights. I couldn't believe that Brian was still able to go. He took the girls and left the boys.

I don't know what those boys did all night. I'm pretty sure they were upstairs playing XBox Live. I don't even think they ate anything. However, I don't feel entirely guilty because they're old enough to get something to eat themselves or at the very least, let me know they're hungry. And they didn't. Of course, I can't say that I would have made them anything to eat but I would certainly point them in the direction of the cereal.

In other news Jordan started school today. This is the first year he hasn't had a backpack with a cartoon character on it. It's just a regular backpack, like big kids have. So it's official. He's a big kid. Riley told me he wanted a game backpack. Like with Halo or something. I'm not sure if that's reverting back or what that's all about but I have not seen any backpacks with the games he likes, so I don't know what I'm going to do there.

Jordan also chose to ride the bus over having his dad take him directly to school even though his backpack probably weighs 500 lbs from all of the school supplies. Weird! I thought that was pretty funny. "No, I'll just ride the bus" he said.

Oh yes, and at the Beerfest someone had a French Bulldog. If you have never seen a French Bulldog they are the cutest, funniest looking dogs you will ever see. And I need one. Desperately. However, at around $800-$1000 a pup, I doubt I'll be getting one anytime soon. Bummer!

And BSU football is coming upon us. Can't wait. The first game is 9-3-09 against the Oregon Ducks. And Jillian is an Oregon Ducks fan. Or as I like to call her, a traitor! Brian ordered her an Oregon Ducks T-shirt last week so she can wear it for the big game. I can't wait. I'm going to take a picture of all of us with our BSU gear on and her with her Ducks T-shirt. It will be so cute.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home