Pink Sheets

Monday, July 27, 2009

Bad Food on the Brain

I have food on the brain recently. Bad food. I think it's because I'm "dieting" or maybe because Brian finished his kegerator and bought this super yummy beer from The Ram . It's their Big Horn Blonde and it's so easy to drink. Too easy in fact. And drinking beer makes me hungry and it also makes me gain weight because there are a million useless calories in beer. It's so unfair. We can just have a glass of beer whenever we want. And we do.

Friday afternoon I took Brian to La Vie En Rose Bakery and Bistro for lunch. I was craving their Orange Caramel French Toast with cheesy potatoes. They are to die for. I literally did not care that I felt like a cow after I ate them because they are that good. My friend asked me what I had for lunch and as I was describing the potatoes she turns to me and says, "if you knew what I had for lunch you would not be telling me this". She had Weight Watchers Mac and Cheese. I apologized.

I was going to have Brian take me there for my birthday but they only serve breakfast Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So, I had to go Friday or I would never get my delicious potatoes. My birthday is on Tuesday this year.

Tomorrow I'm going to dinner for a work thing. We're going to Barbacoa where they have the best "ice-tini's" ever. They are so cool and refreshing and easy to drink. They also have the best guacamole if you like guacamole. I can't wait. I'm sure I'll pig out just as much as I did for Friday's lunch.

And all weekend it was the same story. I took the girls to the fair and we pigged out. I sat around Sunday drinking beer from the keg and watching Supernatural and of course, pigging out. I'm afraid to weigh myself next week. That's when it will really hit. I'm going to try and be good the rest of the week. Except Tuesday of course.

I had a horrible dream last night. The kind where you wake up and you are so relieved that it was just a dream but your still a little ticked off about what happened in that dream. Then I told Brian about it and he was acting all ass-y about it so then I was actually mad. In real life. And then my Ipod synced with all of Brian's music on it instead of my music and then I was really angry. He's lucky we drove separate this morning. Sheesh! Anyway, I'm not really mad but I did tell him he would be punished today. He laughed as if he didn't believe me. Hmmm..

Well, I'm starving now that I've been talking about food. I really want a donut but I'm going to go grab my Slim Fast and strawberries. See how good I am?

3 Comments:

  • lol - let's commiserate together. These past few weeks I've been in the same place when it ocme sto food. Stepping on the scale yesterday sent me into a talespin! This weekend I discovered the Raspberry Mochatini at a local martini bar, coupled w/ buffalo chicken dip, and then a drive-thru pizza puff on the way home - gah!

    I'm glad you enjoyed some yummy food for your b-day though.

    I'm convinced that losing weight in the summer is harder than in the winter. Not sure why, but it just seems that way. Too busy to workout I guess? Too many festivals and parties? Who knows . . . Fall is on the horzon though!

    By Blogger Kate, at 11:08 AM, July 27, 2009  

  • OMG, I have dreams like that all of the time! The Husband says it's totally not fair of me to wake up after I've dreamed that he was acting annoying, and then actually feel annoyed at him, lol.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 9:28 PM, July 28, 2009  

  • Oh...you are GOOD!!!!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 6:49 PM, August 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home