Pink Sheets

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Getting Ready to Get Out of Here!

I start a post, I delete a post. I just don't know what I want to say exactly. I have all of these things floating in my head but nothing seems to stick.


This week Jillian is an only child. She isn't as bad as I thought she might be. She tends to get a little testy when there's no one for her to play with.


Riley and Darby are spending two weeks at their dad's. I had to negotiate some time because I want to take a week off with them next week which was not originally my week. Now it is. So, he has two weeks and I have two weeks. I had to pick the lesser of two evils. Either negotiate with him or try and negotiate a different week with work. Past experience tells me negotiating anything with anyone at work is not an option. So, I get Riley and Darby back in a couple of days. The extra week away hasn't been so bad. And Darby is really good about keeping me updated.


Jordan is currently on a road trip with his grandparents and cousins. We don't know if he's having fun. He left a message on Monday, they were almost to Denver, but there was no way to know if he was enjoying himself from the message. When it's all said and done, I'm certain he will be glad he went. Probably exhausted, but happy.

Fourth of July weekend at the cabin was so much fun. We didn't have very much time up there, but I'm sure we'll make up for it this coming week. We went to the Cascade parade. They kept saying it is "the best little town parade in the county" and I think they might be right. It's so much fun for the kids. So many people show up and yet you can see the whole entire thing no problem.

Jillian has so much fun up in the mountains. She gets all scratched and bruised and has mosquito bites and just loves to talk about her mountain wounds when she gets home. She has a scratch on her arm from when she almost fell off of a "cliff". It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. She fell over an edge that was not exactly straight down, angled more at slant than what she would have believed. If you saw her face when she fell you might have thought the drop down was 500 feet rather than the maybe 6 feet that it actually was. (Plus, it wasn't a drop. She would have just slid down a little.) She was holding on for dear life trying not to fall. Screaming the entire time. Why I didn't have a camera I don't know, but I would love to capture that on film.

I don't know exactly what we're going to be doing up there next week. We usually go to some of the other towns up there and have lunch and go to the lake. I think we should probably go to the lake a couple of times this year. I think the weather is going to be perfect for going to the lake. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking. Either way I'm not going to be at work. Woo hoo!

I told Brian yesterday that there was a man on the Today show talking about how to get out of a rut and how it's really not that great of advice. I think it's one of those things that is easier said than done. The man said to figure out what you love to do and then find a way to get paid for it. I'm thinking "really, what do I love to do that someone would pay me to do"? I can't even think of what it is I love to do. Brian was helpful. He said I love to eat chocolate milkshakes and watch Dead Like Me. He's right. Now, how can I get paid for that? If you have any suggestions I would love, love, love to hear them.

Every one have a great week. And a great next week. I'm pretty certain I will.


3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home