Pink Sheets

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Post 556

This is my 556th post. That's just weird. I just write down all of this nonsense that really isn't very important. I did that 555 times before now. And this post is going to offer the same content. I don't have much to say but I just feel like writing all this nothingness down.

Riley's playoff game was Monday night. I completely expected them to lose. I know, bad mom. But seriously their team does not do well together. The players are good, the team... I don't know why they can't pull it together. Anyway, I was late, which was fine because Riley didn't play until the 4th inning. They ended up winning the game and moving on to the next playoff game tonight. I love watching baseball games. I'm sad that I'm not going to tonight's game (which, let's be honest, it will probably be their last game) but, it's in this city Emmett and it takes forever to get there and since we're being honest I don't want to drive all the way out there to watch one of the "painful to watch" games. I don't know if anyone has ever seen one of those games, but it's when your team is getting so beat up that it hurts to watch and you beg for it to be over. It's literally torture. Riley's team had a couple of those games this year and let me tell you, I have thanked God more than once that there is the 10 point mercy rule.

If they do happen to win tonight's game, then I will so be at the next game. Regardless of where it's at. I told Riley to call me right after they get home and let me know what happens. He won't he'll forget. I'll just call him on Thursday, though he may surprise me. Sometimes he just calls me. Or emails me. I don't even know why. Kids are silly that way.

I would actually say that Darby calls me way more than Riley when they're at their dad's. Sometimes she calls me several times a night. I think it's funny because she's going to see me in a couple of days. She just has a lot to say I suppose.

Oh, and by the way, I don't know if I mentioned this but dieting is not really all that easy. I thought it would be but I was wrong. I just need to get those stupid pounds off and then I can maintain. Maintaining will not be hard. I'll be able to eat more food. Ugh. I hate this. I might have to resort to a Slim Fast diet or something. At least a couple of days a week to get me jump started. Right now I go up and down, up and down.

Darby says that I shouldn't complain. She says I look just fine and I should be happy because I'm almost 33 and every one thinks I look way younger than that. And after she said that my eyes started to swell with tears because I thought I was only going to be 32! I am going to be 33 years old. In two years I will be 35. Thirty-five! How did this happen??! Thirty-three and I still don't have my boob job. Pretty soon, it won't even be worth it to get new ones. I'll be too old! I'll be this old person with perky boobs. What's the point?

And I know some of you who read this are older than 33, so I think you might appreciate what I'm going through. I'm sure you had an age just sneak up on you. I was seriously fine with 30. Even after my skin started doing obnoxious things and my body started sagging and it took more than a 1/2 hour walk a week to stay in shape. I was fine with 30 and every year up until now. I just don't like that number. 33.

My hair girl says that beauty is wasted on the young. She is so right. They don't appreciate it. They don't appreciate the fact that they can lose 10 lbs by skipping a meal. Quite a few years ago Brian told me that I didn't have any "unnecessary curves". It was like the best compliment ever. And even then I just thought I would always be that way. Right now, I have a lot of unnecessary curves. *sigh*

Okay, I apologize. I just totally freaked out. But there it is. Out there. I feel a little bit better.

Are you allowed to void out birthday's?

2 Comments:

  • Maybe that's why people get drunk, so they don't remember the day they got older? I don't know....
    I think I'll be at one of those "painful to watch" games this weekend. Dan has a tournament in Springfield on Sat. and it's a road trip with an overnighter. Ugh!
    36 was hard for me, and now the number doesn't bother me, but knowing I'm right in the middle of menapause DOES! Dang, I feel old! (& hot/cold/hot) LOL!
    Don't worry Jolynn - you will still be "the hot mom", you've got lots of great years ahead of you!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 6:16 PM, June 03, 2009  

  • Ok, so I just read this article, where a woman said she lost 8 pounds merely by cutting out diet sodas!

    I thought diet sodas had no calories. But apparently studies show that if you consume foods that taste like they're full of calories, even if they aren't, your body still stores it that way. Strange and bizarre, but I've now cut out all sugary drinks and am hoping that that will help me lose those pounds.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 6:50 PM, June 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home