Pink Sheets

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sigh...

Not much is going on around here. The job thing isn't as easy as I thought it might be. Even the internal thing didn't work out. I'm not discouraged. I'll just keep trying to find things that sound like I might be a good fit. Of course, four resumes and zero interviews. Pretty pathetic. But what are you going to do? Just try, try again, I guess. And I'll just make the most of my current job. Things around here are okay for now.


Other than that nothing is going on. Of course I'm busy running kids around to practice and whatever but Brian does a lot to help with that. I don't feel stressed and I think that's good.


I thought I was working my butt off but apparently I am not because I still weigh the same 9 lbs overweight that I did three weeks ago. I'll keep trying in this area too. I'm bound to get results eventually. Right?


Why does everything seem to happen in the same weekend. The past few weekends have been so quiet. Not much going on at all and now this weekend. Bam! I'm completely slammed. On Friday I have three kids going to practice when I thought it would only be one, maybe two. I'm picking up Brian's niece who is going to spend the weekend with us, there are two games Saturday, I was just sent an email about a neighborhood clean up on Saturday which isn't going to happen because of the two games and Brian is working and I have to re-schedule my desperately needed hair appointment. I'm so sad, as are my eyebrows.

Anyway, I'm still sitting here trying to make the best of my job and my co-workers. It's almost noon, but boy I'm having a hard time already.

5 Comments:

  • we had a similar weekend last week. just focus on how good it will feel to sit down at the end of it all, grab a drink, a breathe a sigh of relief~

    By Blogger Kate, at 10:58 AM, March 31, 2009  

  • I'm not sure why the doodoo hits the fan in clusters like that. I think it's karma, being the bitch she always is. When you figure out the answer, make sure to let me know!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 10:34 PM, March 31, 2009  

  • Everything ALWAYS happens on the same weekend. I just don't get it. You can go from zero to 6 events BOOM.

    By Blogger Deana, at 7:12 AM, April 02, 2009  

  • The job market is a little tight now.

    Coming from one who has struggled with a weigh challenge all my life, don't give up. Just when you think it's all in vein, BINGO, off come the lbs! :o)

    By Blogger Karen, at 10:26 AM, April 02, 2009  

  • At least you still have a job in the meantime, even if it drives you a bit batty. You deserve better of course, and I'm sure it will comeyour way soon enough.

    By Blogger Jay, at 1:02 AM, April 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home