Pink Sheets

Monday, March 23, 2009

Warning: This Posts Is a Bit Disturbing...

But only because our kids are so weird. And video game freaks and while that' s sometimes bad, they're all smart kids who enjoy sports, playing outside, making videos with their cameras, playing board games and reading so it's really not that bad.

Anyway, I was driving Jordan and Riley to baseball practice on Friday and Jordan poses this question to Riley: If you had to die how would you die?

Well, Riley tried to totally skate around the question and gave this completely wussy answer of "old age", which did not satisfy Jordan. "Nooooo, you know what I mean." So Riley ended up responding "I would want to be shot in the head but I wouldn't want to know it was coming." Jordan responded he would want to fall into a pit of spikes, which actually would be around number 566 on my list of ways to die.

This led to other questions. If you had to die by an explosion, what explosion would it be? They both agreed they would die by C4. WTF???!! Does anyone even know what that is? Well, they finally ended after choosing the animals they would die by. Riley a sting ray and Jordan a lion. Riley decided he didn't want to play anymore. I'm glad to know they at least freaked themselves out a little bit.

So there was the gore, now for the nudity. Kind of. I don't think I mentioned this but we did end up adopting a guinea pig. And she is so fricking cute. Her name is Lucy and Jillian loves Lucy. I was holding her on the couch and Jillian was sitting next to me. I had on my pajamas which was a tank top and pajama bottoms and I was snuggling Lucy next to me. Jillian said, "oh look at Lucy. She's so cute. She's saying 'I love boobies'." It was even more cute because not only was the guinea pig saying that she loves boobies but she said it in a high pitched baby voice. I don't know what's wrong with her. She's really into body parts right now. She randomly told me the other day that she didn't have a wiener.

6 Comments:

  • lol (well, the Jillina story!). She sounds so cute. Good thing she doesn't have a weiner - that'd be a hard one to explain.

    As for the death talk, don't feel bad. I have a nephew who's fascinated w/ watching the plane slam into the WTC over and over again on YouTube. Yeah. Freak. We worry about that kid.

    By Blogger Kate, at 10:29 AM, March 24, 2009  

  • Hmm..how to die? I'd have to think about it. Ideally I'd like to have a chance to say good-by to my loved ones, but then again I don't like the idea of dying slowly.

    Morbid!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 8:51 PM, March 24, 2009  

  • I think some kids get really fascinated by death and gore without really even thinking about death, if that makes sense. I used to love scary movies until I got older and realized that one day I would actually die! And then it wasn't fun anymore.

    Guinea pigs are so cute.

    By Blogger Deana, at 12:11 PM, March 25, 2009  

  • lol...time to put her on lockdown!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 PM, March 25, 2009  

  • Since I'm not around a lot of kids anymore, I'm kinda outa the loop but maybe they just like to see which one can tell the spookiest tale.

    Jillian is more on my level of understanding!

    =grin=

    By Blogger Karen, at 10:48 AM, March 28, 2009  

  • hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 AM, March 30, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home