Pink Sheets

Thursday, February 19, 2009

More About Oprah

I know. I'm sorry. I've turned into an Oprah follower but I can't help it. I just like watching her show (mostly) and reading her magazine. I'm addicted. I loved this article in November's issue "What Do You Know For Sure?". Oprah's first one is, "what you put out comes back all the time, no matter what." I truly believe this and I try to be good. I really do. Sometimes I'm not. Sometimes I'm mean. So I figure if I do something nice it will all even out, but I don't know that it works that way. And then I think about mean people and how this should really be effecting them and that it doesn't seem like it does, but it's really none of my business how the cosmic universe decides to punish or reward others, and how me wishing punishment on others for their bad behavior is probably going to get me punished. So, I try and mind my own business but I'm not very good at that either.



I don't know exactly where I'm going with this, but I was just thinking about the article. And they had other people answering the question, not just Oprah, but that would definitely be the one thing that I know for sure. Everything else I'm a little fuzzy on. Except I do know that kids are weird. I know this for sure because I live with 4 of them and they are all weird and different. Even when they think they're normal. Kids are not normal. They are weird and very unpredictable. I like that because adults are mostly predictable. Except for Brian. You never know what he might do or say. I like it.

Okay, enough Oprah talk. It's almost the weekend and I've had a pretty okay week. I have worked out every day this week. I'm so proud of myself, yet I'm still about 9 lbs way too have and 12-15 lbs heavier than I want to be. So I will continue to work out like every day. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

  • I used to like Oprah, but I got tired of it when she went into that "release your spirit/be a goddess" phase. I've heard that she's come back away from that recently, so maybe I should start watching again!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 7:29 PM, February 19, 2009  

  • I like Oprah and also am 12-15 lbs heavier than I want to be.

    By Blogger Karen, at 6:58 PM, February 21, 2009  

  • Just in a broad sense, I agree with Oprah.

    Good luck with the workout(s)!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:56 AM, February 24, 2009  

  • I believe what you do either bites you years later or your kids suffer through it. I guess that's why I tried to behave myself. When we were concerned about the Glaucoma, I wondered who I disappointed when I worked for an Ophthalmologist. Was it cosmic payback?

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 1:21 PM, February 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home