Pink Sheets

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Completely Random

Randomness #1

The other night I changed in to my pajamas. I was going to hang out downstairs with the kids and my night shirt was white and you could see through it so I kept my bra on thinking it wouldn't be appropriate not to. It happened to be a black bra. So, while I thought it inappropriate to wear a white shirt with no bra around the kids, I didn't give it a second thought about wearing a white shirt with a black bra. Okay, I thought about it but I wasn't going to change my bra to go downstairs and hang out with the kids.

We were watching a movie. Hell Boy to be exact. (I actually liked this movie. Don't ask me why. I'm baffled as well.) During the movie Darby and Jordan begin to talk. (As usual!) And during this conversation during the movie, my bra is all of a sudden a topic of conversation. I don't know how this happened because I was watching the movie not listening to the two 8 year olds, but it went something like this:

Darby: It's kind of like mom wearing a black bra with a white shirt.

Jordan: What?! A black bra with a white shirt. That doesn't even make sense!

What the heck? I don't get why they would even notice, discuss it, and how the heck do they know it's a fashion faux pas?

Randomness #2

We have this neighbor. He has a nice family. He is not nice to his family. Every time we hear him is yelling and acting obnoxious to them. It's awful. One day Riley came in and asked if some boys could come over and play. I said that would be fine. He said good because there dad is so mean! How sad is that? Even Riley noticed how mean he was.

The boys came over and played for a little while and seemed to have a nice time. Their mom came by to take them over after awhile and that was that.

The other day I was walking out to my car and the dad drove by and honked at me. He has tinted windows so I don't know if he was waving or maybe my kids made him mad somehow and he was flipping me off. I just don't know. I just stood there looking stupid. And that probably made him mad.

We make up stories about what's going to him make him mad. It's not funny, but we've never seen or heard him do anything but yell. And we watch him all the time. Their house is right out the kitchen window. Perfect view. We are those nosy neighbors, constantly spying. If something more than yelling was going on, we would do something. For now, we've only witnessed the yelling.

Randomness #3

Things at work have been going pretty good. My old boss is not returning and we're going to have a new boss, but he's been filling in since August so it's not like we have to have someone completely new come in. Which is nice. And people aren't as mean. At least not some people. Yet, I'm still paranoid of sabotage. And I see suspicious things on the printer and wonder what certain people are doing with certain papers that look suspiciously like they might belong to me. Considering they have my name on them and I didn't print them. But I'm just being paranoid. And I take my papers back to my desk. The ones with my name on them. And it's just weird. Besides, there isn't much anyone can do to sabotage me using these papers. I just don't like the idea that someone might try. I'm paranoid.

4 Comments:

  • Black bra and a white tshirt!
    Hehe, so funny that they would even notice.

    By Blogger Jay, at 5:23 AM, December 11, 2008  

  • The kids talking about your bra is too funny. Kids, you just never know. It is a shame the dad next door has to be so hateful. What a good life his family could have if he would just chill and see how awful he is.

    By Blogger Deana, at 10:40 AM, December 11, 2008  

  • I'm glad to hear that work is going better for ya. I too get paranoid, but quite honestly, I won't allow myself ot trust anyone here. It's just too dangerous.

    Quite observant kids you have. Well, at least you won't have to worry about them dressing like that to go out when they're older. They know the rules :)

    So sad about the kids next door. You just never know what goes on under your neighbor's roof. Those kids are lucky to have your family as neighbors and friends when they need to get away.

    By Blogger Kate, at 11:14 AM, December 11, 2008  

  • See..I would just think that while I was sleeping, I copied the papers and didn't remember!
    The kids and the bra just cracked me up! Too Funny!!!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 6:24 PM, December 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home