Pink Sheets

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

10 Reasons Why It's Been Over A Week Since A Post

1. I have been so, so busy at work. Extremely busy. Working longer hours busy.

2. Monday the 17th they told us they closed one of our paper mills. (I work for a paper company. Actually both Brian and I work for a paper company.) This was going to effect our department and they would let us know in what way by the end of the week.

3. Thursday they laid off a girl in my department. It was awful because I was not completely expecting it. I sort of thought they would end up keeping everyone.

4. I've been busy with kid stuff. Both Jordan and Darby decided to donate part of their Christmas money to the canned food drives at there school, so I had two shopping trips to make to buy a million canned food items by two deadlines. Jordan also had a Family Reading Night at his school that we went to and there's all that homework stuff and Awanas and two birthdays. Just a lot of stuff.

5. With the lay off I have even more work to do. And tons of mail. I'm getting rid of this mail. Seriously.

6. I've started writing a million posts but could never finish so I just deleted them. That might happen here.

7. By the time I get home I'm sick of being on the computer.

8. Did I mention I had two birthday parties to plan?

9. I've been waiting to hear what's going on with my department besides the lay off. We still don't really have a boss and today we found out my old boss will not be coming back.

10. Things in general are just chaotic.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

3 Comments:

  • Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, now it's on to Christmas! :o)

    By Blogger Karen, at 12:01 PM, December 01, 2008  

  • There are so many layoffs going on right now I don't know what Americans are going to do. We are in for some tough times from all the press releases and news from Wall Street that keeps coming.

    It is a chaotic time of year. Hard to get it all in. I skipped a club Christmas party last night. I thought you know, I don't have to do everything. I'm not going to feel bad about it either. I hope.

    By Blogger Deana, at 6:13 AM, December 02, 2008  

  • Wouldn't it be nice if layoffs were in April instead? Every Christmas, my sister is concerned her husband will be layed off-since that is when the cuts come.
    Don't worry about the posts- it's the least of all our worries....

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 8:02 AM, December 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home