Pink Sheets

Friday, April 24, 2009

I Don't Really Have Anything to Say But...What the Heck

This week was such a slacker week for me. There were only four games this week and three of them were in the same day. I lucked out. I think next week is going to be just as good.

There is only one Awanas day left next week. I'm sure Riley will be so happy. For some reason he thinks he's too cool for Awanas. I don't think he is but whatever. Next year the three younger kids will go and he can just hang out with Brian. I also think I will be signing Darby and Jordan up for camp in July. It's five days and Darby went last year. She said she had a lot of fun. I haven't exactly decided yet. I need to get some things worked out before I send in the registration form.

So, I've been working out 6 days a week, 40 minutes or more a day for 3 weeks and I gained 2 lbs. It's the saddest, most pathetic thing ever. I know I don't eat that great but seriously. And a little bit of it is probably some muscle because I don't feel as flabby in arms and legs, but seriously! My friend who has been doing the same work out with me has lost like 17 lbs or 20 or something crazy like that. Sure, she's been eating much healthier than I have, but again, seriously!

There's a lady at my work that sighs all the time! Sometimes I can ignore it and sometimes it just aggravates the hell out of me. Today she is aggravating. And I'm even in a good mood. I have to go ask her a question in a minute and I dread this because either she won't give me much help or it will take her two hours to do something that would take the normal person who helps me two seconds. Or maybe she'll just help me and I'll never hear another word about it. You never know with that one.

I'm trying not to be negative about work. Brian and some guy who wrote an article in O magazine said something about how I'm the one making it unpleasant and I need to find the part of work I like and blah, blah, blah. (Brian was talking about me specifically, the guy who wrote the article was talking about people in general. Not me though that would be kind of cool.) So, I'm trying to work on it. You can see how well this is going. On the bright side, I listen to other people talk about their jobs and I feel a lot better about this place.

I'm going to take a picture of my guinnea pig because she is so, so cute. I love her. I love her so much I'm thinking about getting her a friend. Another girl of course. I went to one store and looked and none of them were cute enough to be friends with Lucy. The other store I went to only had boys. Jillian and I will go this weekend and check out one more place. Not just any guinnea pig is good enough for our little Lucy.

Well, it's almost 1 and I want to go workout at 2. I better go ask my question. Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

  • Just so you know, the lady helped me. She just did it. I was in her cube for like 2 seconds. Some days I'm surprised by co-workers.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 12:09 PM, April 24, 2009  

  • Well good!

    You're right, it's most likely muscle that you've put on, which in the long run is good, it will help you burn more calories later. Keep it up!

    By Blogger Jay, at 3:27 PM, April 26, 2009  

  • Yes, I also gained some weight when I started running more and doing martial arts. It is definitely muscle!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 4:24 PM, April 26, 2009  

  • Think maybe we all go through fazes in our lives, I know I've had my share. Maybe that's what happened to your co-worker taking 2 seconds this time.

    By Blogger Karen, at 6:27 AM, April 30, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home