Pink Sheets

Friday, May 15, 2009

Darby's Birthday Weekend

I have high hopes for this weekend. I'm positive it will be fun and everything will work out. Since Darby was so depressed on Monday and I felt so guilty I set up a dinner with her friend and her friend's mom at TGI Friday's. I'm going to have her open her new outfit and her Taylor Swift tickets at the restaurant.

Just to slip this in as a side note Darby's new outfit is from Abercrombie. Brian and I went to the mall last weekend and I said let's go in here real quick and see if they have something on sale to give Darby for her birthday. Brian stops abruptly at the entrance to the store and looks up at the sign. "I don't shop here. I'm not going in this store, I don't shop here." It was so weird and funny. What a way to react to a store! I just told him, "I know you don't, but Darby does." Sheesh!

Anyway, I was telling Darby's friend's mom Brooke how sad I felt that Darby didn't think anything was going on for her birthday and how sad Darby seemed so she's having a big party on Saturday. Not for Darby really, it's actually her 30th birthday too, but she said she was going to tell Darby it's for both of them. Darby has been in a much better mood this week.

We are also going to a movie with my mom on Saturday. I don't quite know the logistics yet because my original plan was to have Darby, my mom, sister and me go but when the other kids found out about the movie they all want to go and really, there isn't any good reason they can't. So, I'll get it figured out.

Baseball season is almost over, in fact Jordan's last game was Monday and his pizza party was on Tuesday. Riley's last game is Saturday the 30th at 10 am, which really sucks because I scheduled my hair appointment for that exact date and time. May 30th at 10 am. I guess I'll have to cancel. I can be a bad mom by mistake but missing the last game of the season on purpose is more guilt than I can bear. :) Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

  • OH, I would love to see Darby's face when she sees those tickets! She will be so thrilled!
    Brian's Abercrombie is my Target. They have screwed around with my payments so much, I'll never step foot in their store again. Good thing our "lovers" don't have our hang-ups! LOL

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 10:37 AM, May 19, 2009  

  • Those games always seem to get in the way of stuff, don't they? I'm so glad softball and T-ball season is over for us!

    By Anonymous Monique, at 11:19 AM, May 19, 2009  

  • Hope you had a good weekend!

    I've never been into Abercromie clothes. Too expensive for me!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 8:43 PM, May 19, 2009  

  • I hope everything was wonderful!

    By Blogger Jay, at 4:38 PM, May 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home