Pink Sheets

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Was great! Brian took me shopping at Express on Saturday and we went to eat at Old Chicago. It was so yummy. We ordered an appetizer sampler and then had a couple of beers. Very, very good. Sunday we had lunch at his brother's. That was nice. Lots of wine. It was pretty uneventful as far as family gatherings go, so I think that's good.

And now I feel like such a bad mom. I skipped Darby's game on Friday. I just skipped it for no reason other than I was tired. So I felt guilty and I emailed her that I was sorry I missed her game, but I would for sure go to her next one. And I totally have to break that promise because her next game is out of town. And there is no possible way I would be able to make it home in time to take her so her grandma is taking her. And Riley's game is at one field and Jordan's game is at another so I have to go to Riley's since Brian can't be in two places at once. And she seemed a little disappointed when I told her.

And she thinks I'm totally slacking on her birthday. She's getting concert tickets for Taylor Swift so we're not having a big party for her because the concert tickets take up most of her birthday budget. She keeps trying to plan her party and I keep coming up with excuses as to why we can't do it this weekend. It sucks! She seems all sad! She probably thinks I'm awful. Friday seems a long way off to wait to give her tickets so that she can be happy again. Sheesh!

2 Comments:

  • Oh- the birthday party problem- been there! For my guys, I give them the amount of money it would have cost to throw a party (since you have to pay for other kids) and then they get to have a sleepover with their closest friends. They take the money and get what they want- and I'm not mad I spent $200 on other kids! Ha!

    So glad your Mother's Day was a great day! Beer and appetizers sounds PERFECT! Thx for joining the "follow blog", it makes it easier for me to follow back to yours!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 8:37 AM, May 14, 2009  

  • No, no, no, you're not a bad Mom... a wonderful Mom is who you are doing so much for your family all the time.

    This example of a bad Mom sticks in my mind: several years ago when my daughter was a teen I was going through the *bad Mom* thing along with going to counseling to help me figure out how to raise a teen.

    I'll never forget what the counselor said to me. She asked, "Are you prostituting your daughter"? Of course, that needed no respond. Her dramatic question ended my ever thinking I was a bad Mom again.

    By Blogger Karen, at 2:09 PM, May 14, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home