Pink Sheets

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer Time. Not Officially.

The kids are out of school and life is so much easier right now. I get to drop off Darby and Jordan at a grandma's house each morning where they are fed and then dropped off at daycare. It's so nice. I just have to get them out of bed and have them dressed. And Riley stays home now so I just leave him in bed. I do need to figure out some things he can do during the day besides playing video games.

Speaking of video games they were banned from the video games from about 5:00 pm on Saturday to noon on Sunday. It was pretty funny. They are such big complainers.

I'm debating whether to put the kids in baseball camp. I would have to arrange all this transportation to and from and sometimes that gets hectic. But they love baseball camp. They've been to the same camp a couple of times now. One of the local high school's has a camp in the Spring and another in the Summer. They get lunch and a t-shirt and they're invited to a game. It's so much fun. I should just do it I suppose.

Speaking of high school we finally watched High School Musical 3. I think Jillian still likes the 2nd one the best. Of course, that's the CD we have playing in the car right now. All the time. She insists on listening to "the baseball song" over and over again. In fact, she went through a little phase where she was trying to sing all of the words right and if she missed one she would make me start the song over. Fortunately, she knows all of the words now. Except for one, she thinks the word pitch is actually something else. Something bad. I explain to her that it's not but she insists it is. Seriously, it's a PG movie. They don't say that word. She just doesn't get it.

I've been watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix recently. That show is so good. I love it. I've been a bit addicted to Netflix lately. We watch everything. Even Brian had a movie marathon the other night. I think he was tired because he never does that. And Darby watched a whole season of Heroes in one weekend. That was pretty funny. She said she just couldn't stop. I know what she means.

Well, I don't have much to write. Nothing new is going on. That I can think of at the moment anyway. I wish it would stop raining so we could play outside more often. I'm sure my wish will come true soon. It's bound to get so hot that I will hate it, but that's okay. That's what summer is all about, right? Have a great week.

3 Comments:

  • I love June. I don't have to go anywhere! (good thing since my money is gone!) We were hooked on 24 and went through 3 seasons in 2 weeks. We just couldn't stop ourselves! LOL!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 8:39 PM, June 16, 2009  

  • Isn't Netflix great? I've used it to watch The Sopanos, yoga DVDs and now I'm in the middle of The Wire.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 10:56 PM, June 16, 2009  

  • I still haven't seen HSM3. I used to watch Heroes on the DVDs but this year I caught up with everyone else thanks to TIVO. But I love having a show to watch like that all at once!

    Isn't summer the best?

    By Blogger Deana, at 8:14 AM, June 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home