Pink Sheets

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We're Back

We've actually been back since Friday, but I have been much too busy to write. I haven't even been playing Farm Town on Facebook which is weird. I love that game. Brian calls me a loser, but whatever.



I have been a Facebook freak lately. Facebook is so much different from my MySpace. On MySpace I have friends on there that I actually talk to regularly and know what's going on in their lives, mostly. On Facebook my friends are all people I went to high school with. And every time I add a friend from high school it gives another friend from high school that I might know and should add and so it never gives me people I might actually know out of high school and I can never really think to search for anyone that I might know who might be on Facebook. It's just bizarre. So, I'm friends with a bunch of people in high school. Some of them didn't even talk to me in high school. And some I think I remember them, but I don't really remember them. You know what I mean?


I do have a blogger friend on Facebook-Kate-and my family. Don't get me started on the family. Talk about having to censor yourself. Ugh, I feel like I can't complain about anything. I won't complain about them too much here either, I suppose.


I've also been reading a lot of articles about Facebook. Mostly people write articles about what losers Facebook people are. They have all this time to update their status and whatnot because they don't have a life. I think it's because a lot of people work in cubes and are on the computer constantly. And a little bit is that we don't have lives. Oh well.

Anyway, my stupid diet has been paying off. Who would have thought that eating less calories could equate to losing weight. Seriously, who knew!? It's really quite annoying. I've read a like a million articles on how to lose weight. They all start out something like, "all you need to do to lose ten pounds is..." and they go on to explain that you should eat about 20 calories a day and work out 50 hours a week and add a little strength training another 20 hours a week and you should lose weight no problem. That's what it seems like anyway. I didn't do that but pretty close. I cut back on a bunch of junk food and I work out practically every day and I started running and doing yoga. So, it's helped. I've lost between 5 and 6 lbs and I can definitely tell. Only a few pounds left to be back to my pre-Christmas weight. Woo hoo!

Okay enough obsessing. For now.

4 Comments:

  • A friend once described FB in the best way to me . . . the best thing about FB is everyone is one it. The worst thing about FB is everyone is one it. So true.

    I love your vacation pics! You and your family are so adorable! Congrats on the weight loss. Go at your own pace. All those articles and suggestions can leave you more confused than when you started. Just keep doing what you're doing. It's paying off! How do you like running?

    By Blogger Kate, at 9:56 AM, July 22, 2009  

  • Hooray for losing weight!! I read "Mindless Eating" and it's changed my life. Basically I've cut out all sodas and tried to walk more during the day (desk to printer, office to subway, etc.) I do feel better, although who knows if it's made a difference.

    As for Facebook, I've gotten into it as well. So funny how it's all people from high school!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 5:07 PM, July 22, 2009  

  • You go girl!
    Any pound lost is a celebration in my book!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 5:25 PM, July 23, 2009  

  • Just signed onto Facebook yesterday. I've been fighting it cuz I have my blog and I'm on Twitter (you know, one of those tweets)... grin!

    Anyhoo... only reason I decided to sign onto FB is because I receive lots of political things that are FB related and they won't let you view them unless you sign on, of course! You know how that works!!

    So I kinda put a disclaimer on my FB saying:

    Welcome to my liberal left-leaning political site...ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

    By Blogger Karen, at 2:41 PM, July 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home