Pink Sheets

Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Morning

I went to a consultation with a personal trainer yesterday. I signed up to "win" something at the fair a couple of weeks ago and that is what I won. However, nothing is really free. It was basically a way to get me into the gym and try and sell me a membership. Which I knew and yet I still signed up and I still went in to meet the personal trainer. Just to see what he had to say. He had me do these exercises where I hold a weight and do 4 sets of 10 squats. I'm dying today. I can barely walk. Brian is going to have to carry me up and down the stairs for the next few days because my legs will probably collapse. It was a tough workout, but I don't think I'm going to be doing it.

He said something about reducing the amount of time you have to work out and getting the most intensity and blah, blah, blah. But I think I do okay. I'm losing weight which is what I wanted. Even when I'm bad and I eat and drink bad things I've still been losing weight. And I would rather it take a little longer than try and kill myself doing something I don't want to do. So, instead of doing 40 of the most painful exercises I've ever done in my life I'll continue to do weights, my run/walks, and some yoga thrown in. I think I mix it up enough that it's still effective. And I can increase my run speed. So, there you have it. I'm a big wimp.

Besides, I think he completely down played the whole yoga thing saying it was good for flexibility and stress relief and whatever but he must not do yoga because I did a routine the other day that kicked my butt and I was completely sore and out of breath by the time I finished. And that was only 20 minutes.

I decided that since my legs are sore and it's Monday and Darby was throwing up all night long that I should probably take a half day. I'm certain this is the best thing I could do. I'm very happy with this decision. Have a great Monday!

3 Comments:

  • Wow, yoga is a real work out! You work at so many parts of your body at once. It's a silent killer, too, because I'll do my 15-20 min Yogalates (Yoga + pilates) DVD and think it was easy and 24 hours later I can't move ANYTHING.

    It's not just weights and cardio that works! Silly trainer guy!

    And look! You're back in my blog feeds and I am commenting! :)

    Hope Darcy is feeling better!

    By Anonymous Cat, at 1:07 PM, August 17, 2009  

  • The more I exercise, the better I feel, but it does take some time getting used to it.

    By Blogger Karen, at 10:39 AM, August 19, 2009  

  • Personal trainers are insidious! I had a session with one once, and he did one of those pinchy things on my skin and told me I had 30% body fat! Booo.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 6:14 AM, August 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home