Pink Sheets

Friday, October 16, 2009

Okay, remember that Halloween music I was so happy that Jillian was listening to? I take that back. I'm already sick of the Halloween CD. Luckily last night she allowed me to change the CD to another Halloween CD. Her new favorite song is "Nightmare on My Street". Remember Fresh Prince? Vaguely? She loves that song. It's pretty funny but I'm sure I'll be tired of it by next week.


Still don't know what I'm going to do for Halloween. I have to do something! I just don't know what. Since we're staying home it's going to have to be fun. It just has to be.

Okay, now for some more 4 year old drama. Last night after we picked up Riley from baseball practice Jillian informed me that she was going to leave her boots in the car. Okay, what do I care. Leave them.

Later in the evening Brian and Jordan went out to the car to find a lost book, which they did not find and apparently costs $11 to replace. Anyway, Brian brought in some things from the car, which included Jillian's boots.

When I noticed that he brought in Jillian's boots, I told him she was going to be mad because she wanted them left in the car. He matter-of-factly said that she would forget about it.

This morning as she is walking down the stairs she spied the boots and began yelling at me that she told me she wanted those left in the car. She was mad. And she called me fat, which she does to hurt my feelings. And it does a little. But mostly it was funny.

To diffuse the situation I had her call her dad at work and leave a message. It was only 6:25 am and he wasn't to the office yet, but he had already left. So she couldn't yell at him in person. What a dork. Let me tell you, there is nothing in the world that would take me away from these moments. The every day silly little moments that just happen. You can't plan this stuff. Of course, all moms know these times are irreplaceable. But when you have a 4 year old it's like every day!

3 Comments:

  • Ah yes, the irreplaceable moments are to be cherished.

    By Blogger Karen, at 1:40 PM, October 16, 2009  

  • Hooray for Halloween music! I think Halloween is a holiday we should exploit more for making music. Kind of like Christmas carols. My favorite Halloween song is "The Monster Mash!"

    By Blogger teahouse, at 10:45 PM, October 17, 2009  

  • See- we can't have the boys shoes left in the car because they STINK! LOL! We leave them on a bench in the garage. (cause I don't want my house stinking either)

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 9:37 AM, October 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home