Pink Sheets

Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a great Mother's Day. We only had one kid with us, but honestly, she was so difficult this weekend I would have traded her for the other kids in a minute! We went camping, which I think I've mentioned before, camping for me means a bed, electricity and running water. This was all provided. It also made me realize that I must be getting old. I had one back pack for my clothes and three different bags that I needed in order to get ready.

I took a mental inventory, because why the heck do I need three bags full of beauty products? It makes me sad that I need so many items to make me look decent.

Here's my list:

Bag #1
Shampoo
Conditioner
Sunscreen
Body Wash
Contact Solution
Hair Dryer
Hairspray
Toner
Some of Brian's stuff (shampoo and gel)

Bag #2
Toothpaste
Mouthwash
Toothbrush
Contact case
Dixie cups
Moisturizer
Glasses
Brian's deodorant

Bag#3
All of my make-up. It was a small bag. I didn't bring everything.

Besides feeling old we had a really good time. We went to a nearby winery and had a tour, which included several samples of their wine. It was fun! We stayed awhile longer and sampled some more after the tour and bought a couple of bottles. It was such a nice Mother's Day.

3 Comments:

  • lol - I'm with ya on all the "stuff" it takes to make me even look decent, let alone pretty. Happy belated Mother's Day.

    By Blogger Kate, at 6:45 AM, May 14, 2008  

  • Sounds like a great day, especially all the wine tasting. They'd have kicked me out if I went ;)

    Why don't you just take one of them big plastic trash barrels for allllll your make up supplies?? :p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:54 PM, May 14, 2008  

  • Perfect way to spend Mother's Day!

    By Blogger Karen, at 11:33 AM, May 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home