Pink Sheets

Monday, April 28, 2008

Why Do They Always Grow Up?

Yesterday was the best day ever! We went on a bike ride and it was perfect. Except for the part where I tipped over and scared our paranoid baby. She's terrified of falling. "Mommy, don't fall!" she tells me while we're riding. When I put her in the seat, on the back of my bike, she is continuously yelling, "I'm going to fall! I'm going to fall! Mommy, I'm falling!" She's not. But, I was going too slowly around a corner to get on this narrow bike path and I tipped and scraped my leg on the wall and now she talks about how "mommy and fell and so did I". But she really didn't.

The weather was so nice I even planted my Arbor Day tree. That is how amazing it was. Because I do not like to plant, or keep plants. I like plants in my house, but I need someone to take care of them...Brian. Anyway, I think I can handle watering my new little tree. He's so cute. He only needs water every ten days. I can manage that. Jillian also helped me plant the tree with her new Dora tools.

For Arbor Day I went on a field trip with my fifth grader. I thought I better since he's going to middle school next year. I may never have another field trip to take with him. At first he was trying to act cool and was a little stand-offish towards me but by the end he warmed up. He even sat with me on the bus on the way back and asked me to stay for lunch. Which of course I did. He's still my sweetie.

My little baby sweetie went to her first day of preschool today. It's actually a daycare/preschool, but it was the first time away from Grandma and Mommy. It was really hard on us. More so than on Jillian who walked in, climbed on a rocking horse and waved good bye to me with a huge smile on her face. She's so cute. I'm still going to be calling there in a couple of hours. Because even though she's 2 1/2, she's still the baby.

The baby is a bit mean and moody at times. Yesterday we told her she couldn't have anymore water in her water pail and she threw it to the ground, made a grunting noise and walked away. It was weird. This morning she told Jordan to get out of her room and she slammed the door on him. And yesterday morning her dad was trying to brush her hair and she yelled, "let go of me, boy!" What the heck?

7 Comments:

  • Did he bust out laughing when she said "Let go of me boy!: ? I would have. That's great that you're spending such quality time with them and cherishing these moments while they're still young. Sounds like the baby adjusted well to school.

    By Blogger Kate, at 12:16 PM, April 28, 2008  

  • She said, "Let go of me, boy!"

    I want to bronze her and put her on my mantle.

    Except that I also want to see what she does next.

    By Blogger patri, at 2:08 PM, April 28, 2008  

  • I love that age (2 1/2) when they are really letting their own little personality shine through. Let go of me boy is too funny. My youngest nephew is 2 3/4. He was trying to tell my sister something and she just couldn't figure out what word he was saying. Some things are still very baby talkish. Finally he said "Well you're just stupid." I guess he heard that word from his big brother but I almost died laughing.

    By Blogger Deana, at 5:10 PM, April 28, 2008  

  • You have the best family stories, Jolynn!

    By Blogger Karen, at 11:57 AM, May 01, 2008  

  • The daycare thing is really cool for them and uS! they do things I would never let them do at home like FINGER PAINTING!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 PM, May 01, 2008  

  • Sounds like a real sweet Kid, or not! :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:44 AM, May 02, 2008  

  • LOL..looking forward to your stories for the next 14 years!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 11:37 AM, May 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home