Pink Sheets

Friday, March 21, 2008

A Little More Sports Info

I have the day off today. I'm actually looking forward to it. Not working. Not feeling like I should or have to be at work. It's nice. Things at work have been looking up and I feel so much better. It's nice to take a day off without feeling stress.

Baseball season has officially started. It's too bad the weather hasn't wanted to be agreeable. Already a practice has been cancelled due to rain. Of course, I think they should have practiced anyway. There wasn't lightning and I see plenty of kids practicing in the rain. It's 11 and 12 year olds. I think they can tough it out. Maybe the coach can't. Who knows.

The other night we received a message on our answering machine from a guy at the league the kids are playing for. All three kids, by the way. Same league different divisions. Anyway, he left a message saying there was a parent's meeting the next night at 6:00 for "your child". Well, it wasn't for Riley because his coach had already contacted us. That leaves either Jordan or Darby. I looked up the guy's name on the website and he didn't have any title or description. I did see a name for the head of softball, so I thought it must be a parent meeting for Jordan. Okay, Brian was going to have to miss it because Jordan had a chess night at school that same evening. He would just email the guy the next day and get information.

As it turns out the meeting was for stinking softball. I missed Darby's parent's meeting. I am so awful! I can't believe it. What kind of horrible parent am I. Gosh! I emailed the people back and told them how awful I was and apologized for missing the meeting. As it turns out they are still putting teams together and still looking for coaches. I can't believe there aren't enough coaches. It makes me nervous. I have never played or even really watched softball or I actually might volunteer. I can hit the ball, but that is the extent of my softball experience. So, I'll wait it out and hope they find some coaches. Poor girls.

The other day I was going through all the baseball and football bags in the closet to check out what gear we had. Last football season Riley's coach bought everyone matching socks. Riley really liked these socks. He wore them one game and they disappeared. He was sure his dad lost them. In fact, he was pretty mad that his dad was so irresponsible. Anyway, I was going through all the bags and in Jordan's bat bag, I found Riley's football socks. I lost them, not his dad. But, I'm okay with him thinking his dad lost them. Besides, I'll pull them out this weekend for him to wear to baseball practice, and all of a sudden I'm the hero.

Well, baby just woke up. I better make sure she's dry, fed and happy. Have a great weekend.

3 Comments:

  • I don't see how you parents keep up with everything you do. My sister is always at some meeting or ballgame with the baby toddling behind her. I guess you do what you get used to! Next Friday I get to take my 4 year old nephew to his Tball practice and I am excited. He is so cute and I can be the quirky auntie with the camera cooing over him!

    By Blogger Deana, at 6:48 AM, March 22, 2008  

  • Oh and Happy Easter!

    By Blogger Deana, at 6:48 AM, March 22, 2008  

  • LOL...sounds like a woman, take the credit for being a hero and none of the blame :p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:50 AM, March 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home