Pink Sheets

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Skin Deep

Yesterday Brian was telling me about a conversation he was having with some guys out at the Guard who happen to be cops. He had asked them, if they pull over a hot girl do they let her go without giving her a ticket? Their answer was actually a little surprising. Something to the effect of "hell no. Pretty girls get everything handed to them all of their lives." They would be more likely to let someone unattractive go before they let someone off who was pretty. I don't know if this is a common theme among all police officers.

Along this same topic I was watching the show Pussycat Dolls Presents: Girlicious, because Brian was finishing up some work so I get to watch trash TV, and one of the girls was talking about why she thought she was better than the other girls and why she thought she had a better chance of winning even though she's weaker in the singing and dancing areas. She said that because she was beautiful she had a better chance than the other girls. I'm not sure if you've ever watched any of these shows, but uh, all of the girls are beautiful. I mean there are different kinds of beautiful and not everyone on the show is flawless by any means, but seriously, at what point are you so beautiful you can distinguish your beauty from other beautiful girls? It's impossible. You can't.

She also went on to say that people flock (this is my word) to her because of her beauty. Everyone just wants to be near her and be her friend. Being beautiful is everything. I could not believe it! If this girl wasn't so pretty I might feel sorry for her. Who has taught her this way of thinking? It's sad. What happens to her if for some reason she loses her beauty? Is she nothing? It appears she would be. I also have to wonder, if she can't sing and dance as well as the others, why she believes she can skate by on her looks? These shows are pretty brutal and if you don't have it all you usually don't win. But, maybe she is so beautiful she will. Or maybe she was kicked off already. I didn't watch the end because I changed it over to Deal or No Deal for more quality programming.

Okay, enough of her. Brian has a new job. We still work for the same company and department as was the case before, but now his cube is right over my cube wall. Seriously. If I threw something over my wall, it has a pretty good chance of hitting him. I haven't tried yet, but I've been tempted. Anyway, his replacement for his old job just started and he looks similar to Brian. I don't think that's a coincidence. His old boss really liked Brian and I guess he must have found the perfect replacement.

I was reading Hansel and Gretel to Jillian last night and I realized that my poor little Riley and Darby are Hansel and Gretel. The book starts out the story with an evil stepmother. Enough said.

All right, it's taken me half a day to write this post. Have a great week.

5 Comments:

  • Hmm, did you put Deal or No Deal on purpose cause the girls are pretty? (MY Husband likes Lisa who I think is a DOG!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:29 PM, March 25, 2008  

  • I'm devising a list of ways to deal with evil stepmothers and other people of tenuous reputability. Although the list may never be acted upon, it's nice to dream.

    Perhaps you would like to contribute?

    By Blogger patri, at 11:36 PM, March 25, 2008  

  • He had asked them, if they pull over a hot girl do they let her go without giving her a ticket?

    ha, ha, ha!

    Hubby would always get so mad 'cause I never got tickets and he did. He would always say it was because I was a woman.

    Don't know about that because I never did fall into the *hot girl* category!

    {grin}

    By Blogger Karen, at 1:04 PM, March 26, 2008  

  • Beauty fades and if you don't have more than that, well, you are going to end up pretty darned depressed as you get older. When I look at poor Farrah Fawcett dying with cancer and her awful photos and you think "What was all that beauty worth?" Young girls don't realize they will be old one day too. I admit I am a bit cocky at times, I might even be vain sometimes, but I am no fool. Yes beauty is nice, but you better have something inside to be a happy person. And you better be able to not take yourself too seriously. I had much rather my husband still see my beauty and truly love me than worry what others thought of my looks, lol!

    I once had a cop in college pull me over for passing on solid lines and he ended up asking me for a date. Those days are long, long gone though! lol.

    By Blogger Deana, at 5:27 PM, March 26, 2008  

  • The one traffic ticket I did get, was while I was on my way to a night club and looked gorgeous. The cop didn't even blink when he gave it to me...he was actually happy to "stick it" to me. Now, 20 years later, the cops take pity on my weathered face and just give a warning! Ugly has it's benefits too!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 11:25 AM, March 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home