Pink Sheets

Friday, April 11, 2008

Two Weeks In

I'm sorry. It's baseball season so your going to get a lot of baseball posts from me. Let me begin by saying girls softball in Nampa is awful. I hate it and Darby will never play softball again. She originally played for the Rec Center last summer. I didn't like that because it overlapped with soccer and it wasn't very...exciting. I know that's not nice, but it bored me out of my mind. Soccer is fast paced and even though it's a "non-competitive" league, the girls are competitive. It's fun. Softball, they hit the ball and run the bases and sometimes they try and catch and throw the ball.

I thought it was just the Rec Center softball games, so I signed her up for Babe Ruth softball because Babe Ruth is competitive. I thought it would be more organized and...exciting. Boy was I wrong. Babe Ruth is good for baseball. Babe Ruth is crappy for softball. I told Darby no more softball. She can play baseball or soccer or whatever, but no more softball. Ever! She said she wants tennis lessons. We'll see.

The boys are having a great time. They're doing well and they seem happy. The games are fun to watch and they seem to have good coaches. I love it!

Anyway, this week was vicious. Monday both Jordan and Riley had games at 5:30. This was actually kind of nice because they have games at the same place. Darby had a school program on Tuesday night. She wore the cutest outfit. Cute in that it was a little inappropriate, but it was so funny. She had to wear red, white, and blue and she found her old 4th of July outfit, which of course, is a tank top and little skirt. That's what she wore and she loved it! That's all that matters.

Jordan had another game on Wednesday and poetry reading last night and tonight Riley has a game. This Saturday is also Jamboree so everyone has games, including Darby, and I've volunteered to man the concession stand from 7:30 in the morning until 10. It should be a nice, long day! Hope you have a great weekend.

3 Comments:

  • You guys are busy busy busy. I used to love softball. I played a little bit in high school but it was faster paced by then AND I am old enough that our town didn't have soccer when I was a kid. It only became popular after I'd graduated. But I like watching my nephews and niece play, it is exciting.

    By Blogger Deana, at 4:12 AM, April 13, 2008  

  • "Babe Ruth softball"...

    How cute!

    By Blogger Karen, at 7:46 PM, April 14, 2008  

  • I'm so thankful Dan's soccer team is a good team. He wouldn't have stayed with it if they lost all the time.

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 5:27 AM, April 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home