Pink Sheets

Thursday, April 03, 2008

First Business Trip

Brian has been out of town. That's why I've had to run the kids all around by myself. I didn't want to announce he was going out of town, because I didn't think that was a good idea since I would be all alone in my house with four kids. I do have a pit bull. She's not fierce, but she's really protective of the baby. I think because the baby is weak and small. I'm pretty sure the dog thinks she out ranks the baby. Anyway, in normal circumstances she is the sweetest dog that ever lived and her only flaw is peeing on people because she's so excited, however, she would probably be able to do some damage should someone try and attack me or the kids.



Okay, so enough of that. While Brian was away for two days I came to the realization that the kids are pampered. Seriously pampered. I'm not sure how it happened because they aren't spoiled, but boy do they live the good life. They don't really have any responsibility. They don't do anything but keep their rooms picked up and beds made. What the heck?

While Brian was away, Riley took Chloe for her morning walk, put her bed in her kennel, gave her water and treats and put her in the kennel for the day. This is normally done by Brian every morning and Riley has been helping him, so it was only logical for him to take over while Brian was away. I'm sure Brian will continue with that task since he's back, but I gave Jordan and Darby a task and they are keeping it! I had them collect all of the trash from the little trash cans around the house. Usually I do that the morning of trash day, but not any more.


I guess they do pick up dog poop occasionally too, but not on a regular basis. Sometimes Brian does that. And there's still the baby. She does pick up her toys. Usually. Sometimes she has moments where she refuses, but not often.


Regardless of the kids help, I sure missed Brian. The kids have so much going on and they like when he's there to run them around and watch their games. And for some reason I always have car issues when he's away. They're of my own doing of course, but still, what the heck? The week he and Jordan went to Disney World I was driving little, little Jillian home from my mom's and I ran out of gas. On the freeway. I was at least almost all the way off the freeway, but the poor car sputtered out on the off ramp. I got out and was sobbing as I pulled the stroller out of the trunk. It was just awful. Luckily a woman with three kids stopped and picked us up. This time around I left the lights on all day and had to jump start the car. It's so annoying.

Also, Brian took my moisturizer. Can you believe it? I found some boy moisturizer in the drawer I had to use and I had to put sunblock on my face and do all this extra stuff. I can't believe he took it. I was shocked.

3 Comments:

  • i completely relate to that

    By Blogger Lou Lou, at 2:10 PM, April 04, 2008  

  • I try not to let people know when Martin is going to be gone either. I just feel safer with people assuming he is here!

    I think kids are more pampered in general these days than when we were kids. And my generation was more pampered than my parents, who to hear them tell it walked to school in 2 feet of snow, milked the cows before breakfast...all that stuff. lol.

    By Blogger Deana, at 7:21 AM, April 05, 2008  

  • really? you're surprised he took your moisturizer?

    I'm not.

    Glad you all were safe while he was away.

    And give those hoodlums more chores! :)

    By Blogger patri, at 9:06 AM, April 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home