Pink Sheets

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Communication

This is a conversation I just had with the ex.

Phone rings, sees that it's ex, answer. "Hello?"

"Hey, has the school contacted you?"

"No, why? What's going on?"

"They just called and Riley is puking. He needs to be picked up."

Since it's my week I knew that it was my responsibility to leave work and go get him. "Okay, I'll leave in a minute."

I hang up.

I start to tie up loose ends, go complain to my favorite neighbor because I have to leave to get "puking" Riley and write a message to let the rest of the department know I would be out for the remainder of the day. I was also a little upset because Brian had taken a half day today to run errands and do some yard work. I know he would be annoyed that we were coming home, interupting his peace and quiet. Ugh!

Just as I writing the message to send out to my department the phone rings. It's the ex again. "Hello?"

"Just letting you know that my dad picked him up. You don't have to hurry."

"Okay, well let your dad know I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Well, he'll either be with my dad or over here. My dad can only watch him for about a half hour."

"Why what are you doing? How will he be with you?"

"I have the day off today."

"You have the day off?! Then you watch him loser! I thought I had to hurry!!! What are you doing?"

Eventually we figured out that he will pick him up from his dad's, watch him, and I would come pick him up after work. "I have the day off." Oh my God!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home