Pink Sheets

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Personal Information Request

As much as I love the all kids I know that I absolutely do not want any more babies. Of course, I take precautionary measures to ensure I do not have any more babies, but these are not fool proof. Especially with this fool. In order for these things to be effective you must be on a strict schedule and be consistent. These are just not my strong points. The only time I ever remember to take my stupid pill is right after I have sex. I lay there and think 'boy, I sure don't ever want to be pregnant again' and that reminds me that I forgot to take my pill. It is so damn annoying. I can't do it. I can't rely on my unreliable memory any longer. I want something permanent. Sooo, has anyone had their tubes tied? I realize this is very personal information, but I don't know much about it and before I go to my doctor and request this procedure take place immediately I want to know exactly what happens during and after and everything. Not from a doctors perspective but from someone's actual experience. So if you know of someone whose had it done or you've had it done could you email me or leave a comment if your not shy? My email address is jolynn_newell@excite.com

5 Comments:

  • Never ever have, but then, I hope someday to still use my innards.

    By Blogger Beth, at 12:50 PM, April 11, 2006  

  • Never had that procedure either but did have a complete hysterectomy for medical reasons several years ago.

    While you're waiting to hear from someone, as an alternative you could research on the 'net if you haven't already. Wish that would have been an option for me.

    Good luck!

    By Blogger Karen, at 6:11 PM, April 11, 2006  

  • I had my tubes tied in 1999 after my son's birth. A tiny incision in the belly button, another tiny one about 2 inches away. I can't find a trace of either one, no scarring. It was out-patient surgery, the only surgery i've ever had. The whole thing was simple, & the soreness afterwards was minimal. The only thing i didn't like was it took me 2 days to get all the anesthesia out of my system, & was groggy the whole time.

    I've heard rumors that after 7 years, a tubal ligation 'loses effectiveness', though. & heard of women that have gotten pregnant after a tubal.

    Do what's best for you. Good luck, hon.

    shayla

    By Blogger shayla, at 5:16 AM, April 12, 2006  

  • dont have sex

    By Blogger Steve, at 10:02 AM, April 12, 2006  

  • I'm trying to convince my husband to get "snipped." In the meantime, I am on the birth control patch. Much more convenient than the pill. I change it once a week.

    At my last doctor's visit, he advised me of new warnings about blood clots with the patch, but isn't recommending discontinuing it. Instead, he's recommending a daily children's strength aspirin to counteract and increased risks. That's supposed to be heart healthy anyway, so I'm fine with it. Although a part of me did think, shoot, if I have to remember to take an aspirin every day, I might as well just be back on the pill. But of course I won't get pregnant if I forget an aspirin.

    By Blogger Monique, at 2:10 PM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home