Pink Sheets

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Off On A Tangent And A Lot Of Nonsensical

I am a movie watching freak these days. At least I am when American Idol isn’t on. Wait. Did I just admit to watching to American Idol? Um, I only watch so that I can have a conversation with people at my work because they’re all watching it. I have to watch it too. I don’t want to be some type of outcast. Uh, yeah, that’s why I watch.

Anyway, I have seen yet another movie and I am once again going to write about it. Is my life all of a sudden becoming a bore? Well, sorry people! There’s nothing I can do about it. Joking, especially since my life wasn’t all that exciting before. Though, recently I was razzed about a puking incident that occurred after a crazy night of partying with the girls. Sure, it was a year ago (actually more than a year ago since I was pretty pregnant a year ago this time) and I ended the night and began the next day puking, but I partied! Alright, I’m moving on to the movie I watched and I’ll stop making my poor self sound so pathetic. *sniffle*

So, Brian and I watched Elizabethtown, which I probably would have paid to see at the theatre, but just never got around to it and I probably couldn’t have convinced Brian to go see it in the theatre anyway. Because it is such a chick flick, but it’s a really good chick flick. The kind that makes you feel all fuzzy inside. The kind that is witty and fun and not too mushy and not too cheesy and it wasn’t romantic comedy yet it was funny and had all the basics of a romance, yet much more. You know the basics. Girl meets boy by happenstance, boy nonchalantly leaves girl never expecting to meet up with her again, boy decides for some out of the blue reason to find girl, they hook up off and on, off and on, off and on, when finally, at the end of the movie they have the kiss. You know the kiss. The kiss all girls dream of having. The sweep you off your feet, hold you tight, like he’ll never let go, looong kiss. Yes, it had all those things.

And I just love the movie. Or maybe the movie was just okay but I have this new found crush on Orlando Bloom. I seriously had no idea he was so appealing.

Or maybe it was Kristen Dunst. Brian pointed out if she was just some “regular” girl he probably wouldn’t find her attractive. That may be true, but there is something about her. Kind of like Mena Suvari. Ever since I saw Mena Suvari on Six Feet Under I have been desperately attracted to her. I just find her stunning. I was flipping through a magazine the other day and there she was, on a full page ad, just staring at me and my heart did one of those flutters. I can honestly say when I first saw her in whatever movie I first saw her in, I didn’t not think she was very flattering. In fact, I thought she had odd features. Not anymore. Nope, she’s hot.

Back to the movie. Another scene of the movie I happened to find captivating was when the characters, played by the two attractive actors I have been distracted with above, were having one of those all night phone conversations. Where they don’t want to get off the phone and they stay up all night talking with one another about completely nothing and trying not to drift off to sleep. It just reminds me of the excitement of a new relationship and I was just thinking a few nights ago how Brian and I would stay up all night talking, even if we had things to do the next day. And we wouldn’t talk about anything in particular or serious, just talk. And I was thinking the other night, as I was drifting to sleep at around 9, how we don’t do that anymore and how, at this point in our relationship, we probably won’t ever have one of those all night talks again. Which isn’t necessarily bad. It’s just there’s no purpose in fighting off the sleep. Because we know that we’re going to talk tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. I suppose that the security in knowing we’re going to see each other the next day trumps the excitement of a new and unknown relationship. I suppose.

Of course, we have other things to be excited about, such as planning our sweet little baby’s future and wondering what will become of her and how she will look and act and be. And making plans to move and where will we move and what do we want in what room and just things like that.

And the movie had the typical Hollywood, feel good ending where you know they’re going to live happily ever after or at least you believe they will, but there’s this skeptic in me that wonders if they are truly going to be happily ever after. We only see the kiss. What happens after the kiss? What happens the next day? The next year? They’ve only known each other for five days (I think) in this movie. How do we know they stay together? I guess that’s the wonderment of movies. You can come to your own conclusion as to what happens to the characters. I think they made a pretty good couple, so I’m going to say they got married and had lots of kids and grew old together. That’s just the sort of mood I’m in today.

4 Comments:

  • I love Orlando Bloom too! He was so hot in Kingdom of Heaven! I love American Idol as well..and Hubby and I eat in front of the TV on Tuesday night just to watch it!
    I think the characters married and lived happily ever after. It happens! Wouldn't you do anything to keep Orlando in your bed? :)!!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 5:57 PM, March 30, 2006  

  • Um, I'm pleading the fifth. *shhh* Brian reads this. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:08 AM, March 31, 2006  

  • Hmm, I must admit that I am not a huge Orlando Bloom fan. I like really dirty, manly men, so Bloom just doesn't do it for me.

    Speaking of movies, and manly men (with sexy accents), I just saw Inside Man. Great movie. If you have never seen a Spike Lee film, Inside Man won't be what you expect, but I loved the movie. Plus, Clive Owens is such a cutie.

    By Blogger Trista, at 8:41 AM, March 31, 2006  

  • Kristen Dunst is stunning!!

    As for those all night talks I kinda miss those sometimes but I undrestand it's not new anymore.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    By Blogger truckdriver_sefl, at 8:50 AM, March 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home