Pink Sheets

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

If I Were Rich

On the radio they were talking about all the renovations Prince made to one of his homes. He had purple stripes painted on the outside, as well as that symbol he uses for his name and the numbers of his new album. He also had a Hollywood special effects machine installed to make purple rain. The DJ then remarked, “the rich aren’t all that different than us”.

Then I started thinking about how I hear these stories and I think “how absurd”. But really, is all that absurd? They have an insane amount of money. They can buy these quirky, odd additions to their homes, cars, bodies, etc…So, this brings me to the question, if you happened to be a multi-millionaire, or better yet, a billionaire, what quirky, odd things might you buy? We all have our little obsessions. Ours are just on a much smaller scale. What might be blown out of proportion if you were able to buy whatever?

I thought and thought about this and I have no idea. Besides the usual house, cars, clothes. I’m not sure what else I would be buying. I know I would travel, but that isn’t odd or quirky. I really like collecting Barbies, so I’m sure I would have some room set up specifically dedicated to a Barbie collection, which would undoubtedly become much larger. I also know that some of my shopping trips would consist of flying to big cities so that I could go to Tiffany & Co. and places where I could buy designer jeans and Louis Vuitton purses.

Besides, I think that Brian might be quirky enough for the both of us. One time we were discussing what we might do with our millions should we win the lottery and he said that he would have his name on everything in the city. Parks, shelters, streets named after him, buildings, a veterinarian clinic for the poor, anything that could possibly bear his name, would. Instead of visiting the City of Nampa, you would quite possibly be visiting the City of Brian. Not that anyone makes a special trips to just visit Nampa, but after Brian was through with it, you just might.

3 Comments:

  • Ya never know the power ball is up to 101million!! :-} good luck!

    By Blogger truckdriver_sefl, at 12:09 PM, March 22, 2006  

  • I know, we hardly ever buy any tickets though. Twice. And I think it was past $300 million both times.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 12:26 PM, March 22, 2006  

  • Go on, do it now, I wait. [url=http://www.elitwine.com]canada goose jackets[/url] Before covering a cake with ganache, take a wire cooling rack and place it in, or on top of, a cookie sheet. [url=http://www.setupizle.com]Canada Goose Chilliwack Bomber[/url] Hcstclksy
    [url=http://www.texsoco.com]canada goose parka[/url] Abqbiwsat [url=http://www.christianlouboutinonlineoutlet.co.uk]christian louboutin shoe sale[/url] lpnrioyll

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:33 AM, November 15, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home