Pink Sheets

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Bonus

Yesterday I received my bonus at work, at least the remainder of the bonus. We received most of it in October when we sold the company. The part I received yesterday was for the last two months of the year. I was expecting the bonus to be very, very small. So small that I wouldn't even notice it. It was big enough to notice and now I get to go shopping this weekend with Brian. (The going with Brian is the best part. Ahhh.) Anyway, last night I had Brian take me to dinner at Applebee's. It was nice to get out. Even if it was only to Applebee's. Plus, steak and beer are never bad. It was steak night. Yes!

My manager at work was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She started chemo last month and of course with chemo comes hair loss. It was really hard to see her lose her hair. We knew she would, but actually seeing her hair start to thin out was difficult to take in. At least for me. The girls in my department all chipped in some money to buy a variety of different hats and scarves for her to wear. I was even able to hunt down a hat box to put everything in. I'm so glad we did that. She sent out a message saying we made tears come to her eyes when she found the box on her desk. That makes me happy. I always worry about her. I can't imagine her going through chemo even though she's such a strong person. She really is a great supervisor. One of the best I have ever known and I know she'll pull through fine. I'm glad we found a way to really show our support.

Well, unlike my favorite Canadian, we here in Idaho are experiencing wonderful weather, minus the few rain showers. I am so excited for spring. This March has the potential to be fabulous and I am ready. Not like last March. As Brian's mom said on Super Bowl, "this Super Bowl will be nothing like last Super Bowl." I say, this March will be nothing like last March. Not that we have any plans or anything, but I think that sounds perfect. Oh yes, and I'm getting my belly button pierced. That will be fun. Or painful, whatever. I just need to be good and stay on work out schedule. I skipped today. Stupid! I can skip one day, right?

All right, I'm finishing this post by saying that I'm almost caught up at work. I'm really freaked out about this. I have never been so close to having an empty inbox in both my office and my email. It's a little scary. I'm sure some weird incident will occur and throw me off, but nothings happened yet. Meaning--I'm almost caught up with all my stuff at work. What will I do?

4 Comments:

  • Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I'm sorry to hear about your supervisor. Theres a link on my site that might help her. Blogrolling is down so i'll leave the link for you later. If you stop by yourself for it its Two Hands. Jeanette has just beaten breast cancer. I found her when i was looking for information afteri found a lump. I was lucky mine was a benign tumour. I wish her luck

    By Blogger Lou Lou, at 2:54 AM, March 02, 2005  

  • my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1998..she was one of the lucky ones! her doctor found it right away, she was in for the operation by the end of that month (in quebec that is an amazing thing.. sometimes you have hto wait 6 months to a year for an appointment for anything!) and she was done all her chemo and stuff my about a year later. she came out fine. i hope the best for your supervisor too.

    (ps - and it's snowing AGAIN! *grumble*)

    By Blogger cat, at 6:00 AM, March 02, 2005  

  • Thanks for directing me to that link. I can not imagine how frightening it would be to find a lump, even if it did turn out to be benign. I have learned a lot the past couple of months and I am now a huge advocate of the self exam. (I need to start being better about that.)

    Cat, I'm so glad everything worked out with your mom. I can not believe how many people are effected by this. I suppose you don't realize anything until it happens to you or someone close to you. It's amazing. (And I'm a little jealous of snow.)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 12:18 PM, March 02, 2005  

  • it was a terrible time. it taught me a lot. i had the lump removed. i didn't know it was enign till we got he results back. it was the size of a golf ball.
    now i have an angry red large scar. its a reminder.
    i'm a lucky one.

    By Blogger Lou Lou, at 11:32 PM, March 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home