Pink Sheets

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Parties

I just returned from a Tastefully Simple party. I wasn't going to buy anything, but I decided that the Garlic Garlic was delicious and couldn't resist.

I don't really like to go these parties. A few weeks ago I was invited to a jewelry party. I didn't buy anything from that party. I think all these parties are silly. I've been to the naughty toys party, a Pampered Chef party, and unfortunately a Mary Kay make over. I could be doing anything else in the world and be happier than sitting at one of these parties.

I hate being a grown up girl. When I was younger I was never invited to such parties. Now, every time I turn around someone is throwing a party to sell something. Not that I don't want to be supportive of my friends, but usually there is little I want to purchase at these things. Everything is extremely overpriced and not that appealing. The garlic seasoning I purchased today is the exception.

Regardless, I continue to be invited and I will continue to attend because it's a great way to meet and talk with new people. I like hanging out with girls and you never know who you might run into. I guess the whole point is to socialize and while I'm somewhat shy, I like socializing.

However, I will never be talked into having one of these parties. I like the other kinds of parties. Birthday parties, Mother's Day parties, Christmas parties. Those are the parties I love to have and put together. That way, everyone is coming over strictly for the fun and free food rather than any merchandise. That's more my cup of tea.

2 Comments:

  • luckily all my friends know how anti-social i am and never even think to invite me to those things. ha ha! i love it that way. and i never have people over either, so double ha! :)

    although i do love me some tupperware.

    By Blogger cat, at 2:26 PM, February 19, 2005  

  • You are mean. Jesting me like that. It's alright, I can handle it. I should be more stubborn, but I'm a push over. I never tell them no.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 5:26 PM, February 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home