Pink Sheets

Saturday, February 05, 2005

My Karma Is Back to Normal

Well, my hair is back to normal. As in, it curls properly now. It's still ultra red, but that too will fade with time. I had a good day today so the karma police have laid off. I am no longer under surveillance. (Cross my fingers)

Brian is working late tonight. I'm not sure when he'll be home but he left around 1:00 pm and will return after bedtime. So, Jordan and I went shopping. We bought some Valentine's Day presents and ate at Pizza Hut. Brian and I are no longer eating at McDonald's and this has distressed Jordan a tad. He can't understand why we possibly wouldn't want to eat at McDonald's. The chicken nuggets are so good. I told him that it makes people sick to eat there. It's not healthy for us to eat there. He still didn't grasp the ban on his favorite eatery. I told him his dad got sick when we ate there. Okay, that worked. We walk into Pizza Hut and he tells the waitress, "We don't eat at McDonald's anymore. It makes my dad sick." I think he was implying that since we don't eat at McDonald's, we had to eat there. That wasn't his first choice and he isn't particularly happy about it, but this will do. I didn't get that from the two sentences he said, but rather the way he said them. (I also realize that Pizza Hut is neither healthy nor good for us, but the ban is on hamburger joints right now. I figured pizza was okay. And that was his immediate second choice.)

We also spent the better part of the day puppy shopping at the two animal shelters near us. I was going to spend the day shopping for bras and panties and clothes and such, but somehow puppies won out. There was a good selection this time around, but nothing that grabbed me. Jordan seems to be in puppy withdrawals lately. He keeps speaking of Bailey and how he misses him. I just don't know what I want. My brother's pugs are cute, but I don't think that's what I want. I want a bigger dog. A dog that runs, and fetches, and pounces on the kids. (Because it's always fun to watch little kids be mauled by dogs, in a playful way that is.) I want a lab or a golden retriever. My heart is set.

Jordan shopped with me for 5 hours. He asked a couple of times when we were going home and could we go home after this store, but other than that there were no complaints. He beat Darby. I am shocked.

One more Jordan story for today. He asked me, "where did Darby come from?" I was a little confused. I didn't know exactly what he was asking. I replied, "from me." He says, "I know, but where did you get her?" I think this is funny for two reasons. First, we had just finished looking at puppies at the animal shelter, or pet shop as he calls it, and it occurs to me that maybe he thought I went to a shop and picked Darby out. And the second reason is because he asked where I got Darby from, not where did I get Riley. He must think she was picked from some place other than the place he and Riley came from. It was so weird. After he asked where I got her I told him, "my tummy", because I wasn't sure what else to say. Then I asked, "where did you come from?" thinking the answer to this question might clarify the conversation for me. He didn't know. I think this conversation is best left for him and his dad.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home