Pink Sheets

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I'm Changing It To Planning for my 31st

Alright, so when I'm 28 I'm getting by belly button pierced, when I'm 29 I'm getting a tattoo, when I turn 30 a boob job, and by the time I'm 31 I want this house. Now Brian says this may effect my boob job, but I hope not. I want this, or a very similar house like this--soon. I may be willing to give up the boobs, but I don't want to have to make the decision yet. I still have a couple of years to mull it over. A house is definitely more important than boobs, but still, I've wanted these boobs for years now and I'm not ready to just give them up.

Yesterday I had the day off and Brian and I drove by a new subdivision. We decided to drive around and then decided it would be fun to look through the houses. That floorplan was my favorite. Brian said we could see how we're doing in two to three years with our debt and income and all those factors that contribute to the ability to purchase a new home, to see if we might possibly be able to afford the house. I really want the house, so maybe I'll even refrain from shopping so excessively. In fact, I know I will. I have to. It will be much more fun to have a nice house, than a nice outfit. I will only shop when absolutely necessary. I just hope I can distinguish between necessity and want. I'm not sure I can.

I'm home today, but not by choice. Darby was "sick" last week and now Riley is really sick today. He threw up in my car on the way home. I think it was mainly water that he spewed every, but it's still gross. Anyway, he is absolutely not faking like his little sister did one day last week. She did have the flu, but was better when she had to come home from school. Anyway, that's why I'm home today.

I have an appointment to get my hair colored in two weeks. I think it's so funny that the past year I have had my hair colored once and that was to cover the gray. I didn't get a different color, just my natural color. I finally love the color of my hair as it is naturally and I have to have it colored to get the full effect. It's so sad. For the past six previous years, I have colored my hair from really light, almost blonde to dark red to almost black. It started to ruin my hair and pretty soon it wouldn't even hold the color. My hair was completely bleached out and horrible looking. So I stopped coloring my hair and let it resume it's natural beauty :) Well it turns out that I really like the natural color, but now it has splashes of gray on top. Now I go in to cover the gray. Stupid! I guess that's what I get for getting old. I find it horribly rude.

2 Comments:

  • hmm. a couple of things:

    i'm so THERE with you on the hair thing. since i was 16 i have been dying it every shade of red under the sun. i wanted to be a redhead. but noooo.. i had really dark brown hair. now? i want that hair back. but it grows out lighter and reddish! AH! plus it's all silvery at the roots. that irks me. but it looks like i might get a cool white/sliver streak in the front, so.. but still. why do i have to buy dye to get my natural colour? grrr.

    i would much rather a house before all. i am tired of living in apartments. stupid people above me. beside me. plus there are apparently mice in the building. great.

    i was just looking at your picture blog and... you're adorable!!! don't change anything about you!! you are so pretty, jolynn! and tiny!! eat a cookie, darn you!!! in fact, have two! :) i saw the pictures and went "gee, she's pretty." i said "gee"! for the love of god! ha ha!

    By Blogger cat, at 6:01 AM, January 24, 2005  

  • You are so sweet! I read your comment and blushed. Seriously, I felt my face turn red. I promise not to change much, but I'm glad to here I'm not the only one under thirty whose hair is turning gray! I hate it. I have no cool streak. I have it splattered everywhere. Hmph!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:59 AM, January 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home