Pink Sheets

Monday, December 13, 2004

It's Been So Long

It’s been forever since I’ve posted. It actually makes me happy that it’s been so long . It means I’m busy. Busy doing what? I honestly couldn’t tell you.

I have started reading the news again. I took a hiatus. I stopped reading the news after the elections because I couldn’t take it any longer. However, I have begun again and it’s just as depressing as it was before the break. Oh well. There was an article that I found interesting. When I say interesting I actually mean absurd. I didn’t realize that people were so stupid. I didn’t actually read the article. Brian found it and read to me. But, this guy is definitely on the too stupid to live list.


I think that’s all I have right now. I was having issues with a woman at work, but that seems to have passed. It was so bizarre. I don’t understand some people. My department is made up of entirely women, so I suppose that drama is going to happen. It’s inevitable that women get catty. I know it’s a stereotype, but there’s a reason for it and that’s because it’s true. You put a group of women together and drama. Period.

Today we’re going for drinks and appetizers after work for a holiday treat That’s the fun part of working with women. I’ve been to lunch and dessert with my department and we always have fun and a plethora of things to talk about. Men don’t have the same type of fun. They are always golfing. Boring!!!

4 Comments:

  • holy cow! a post! and here i was delayed in cheking your blog! and you snuck a post in there! yay!

    have a happy holidays! i'm super busy too with work and getting ready. i have to start my shopping tomorrow. hopefully finish it too...

    By Blogger cat, at 3:09 PM, December 14, 2004  

  • Yeah, I work with all women, too. I find that in all-women workplaces everyone tends to work much longer hours and make martyrs of themselves. Or maybe it's just because I work in nonprofit. And when you say "You put a group of women together and drama. Period." You're not kidding about the last part, which I think is key. All-female workplaces tend to cycle up ...

    By Blogger Marguerite, at 3:51 PM, December 15, 2004  

  • I did not even realize my period could have a double meaning. Hmm, see how clever I am? Right! But, that does tend to happen to women. Weird.

    And Cat, I hope you have a wonderful holiday also. Get out there and shop, shop, shop. That's what I say.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 11:55 AM, December 16, 2004  

  • merry christmas, jolynn!! hope you and your family have a great day!

    By Blogger cat, at 6:56 AM, December 25, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home