Pink Sheets

Monday, November 01, 2004

Halloween

Alright, this post is completely original, no more recycling. For now at least. Today, I am cleaning the house because it is absolutely disgusting. Brian and I have been so busy this week that nothing has been done. It's so nice to have a clean kitchen again.

Every week I make a calendar. On my calendar I put what we're having for dinner on that day and a couple of chores that I would like to get done. For the most part, I've been pretty good about sticking to it, but this week has been crazy. Brian and I have been taking care of his parent's house while they've been away, we went to a Republican fundraising party to spy (because we are absolutely not Republican), I have been working like crazy at work because the company was sold and everything needed to be finished by Friday. And of course, I've been getting ready for Halloween, because it is my favorite holiday and I had many plans for the kids.

I took Friday off to get the kids' costumes finished and take them around to see grandma, and aunt Kristina, and the people at my work. The kids enjoyed passing out Halloween treat bags to my co-workers. They were only given a couple of pieces of candy in return, but the excitement of the day was to hand treat bags to a bunch of adults. The adults also appreciated the gesture. They were all crowding around the kids and speaking with them about their Halloween plans. It was actually enjoyable. I thought it may turn into a fiasco. Three kids and me by myself, but they were wonderful. Angel like you might say.

Friday night we also carved pumpkins, had a special Halloween dinner and I made a rice crispy treat spider (which didn't turn out very well aesthetically). After that we watched The Shining. Very scary. I know--we let the kids watch , but I really think they liked it. There are some parts I would have preferred they not see, but it's not all the gory. I would categorize it in the thriller department. That's not so bad, right?

Saturday we dressed the kids up again and took them to Boo at the Zoo. It's really fun and the kids love going. It's funny though, you don't see very many animals. I think most are hiding away because it's fricking cold. But they have pumpkin bowling and face painting and trick or treating. Plus, the kids get to see each other in their costumes. Riley was an army man, Darby was a fairy princess, and Jordan was Captain Hook. I may be a tad bit biased, but they were the best costumed kids there. A little has to do with the fact that my mom sews their costumes every year and she does an amazing job. Seriously, it's amazing. And yes there will be pictures. I just need to get on it.

Afterwards, I had to take Riley and Darby back to their dad's so he could spend some Halloween time with them. Jordan stayed with us one more night and then went to his mom's Halloween evening. That gave Brian and I a chance to stay in and pass out candy. The kids that came to the door were adorable. Especially the little ones. I love them. There was one dressed as Scream. He couldn't have possibly been more than three years old. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

I love Halloween.

4 Comments:

  • Pumpkin bowlling sound so fun! Gee, I wish I was your kid. Or maybe I should move to Idaho? It seems a lot cooler there than here. :)

    By Blogger cat, at 6:54 AM, November 02, 2004  

  • Funny, after this election Brian says he wants to move to Canada. Want to swap houses for a bit? :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 12:18 PM, November 03, 2004  

  • No offence, but GOOD GOD NO!

    Like I want to live in the US now. :) You have my deepest sympathies though. And a hug {{Jolynn & family}}. You poor people.

    We have lots of room here in Canada. You just have to like bitter cold and snowy winters. (I just wrote "windows" rather than winter, how odd). We're also friendly folk - just stay out of Quebec, most of the people here are nasty.

    By Blogger cat, at 7:16 AM, November 04, 2004  

  • Well fine then. Maybe we will have to visit one day. Except I don't like cold so much.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 10:24 AM, November 04, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home