Pink Sheets

Friday, November 19, 2004

This Is For My Stalker (Uh, That's A Joke)

I took a little break from blogging. Not intentionally, it just seemed to have happened that way. I, rather we, (Brian too) have been so busy lately I haven’t had time to do much of anything. We’re trying to get ready for Jordan’s 4th birthday party. We have all the decorations, the presents, and the cake figured out but we have yet to decided what we’re serving. It’s on Saturday so we really need to get our butt’s in gear.

Then, there’s Thanksgiving. Okay, so I don’t have to do much for Thanksgiving except show up for dinner. I suppose I could try and make something to contribute to the meal. I’m always scared to do that. What if it sucks? I would be so embarrassed. I just don’t know about that.

After Thanksgiving we’re going shopping because there are always awesome deals the day after Thanksgiving. Plus I love a reason to shop, plus it’s fun to get up at 4:00 am, get ready, grab some coffee, and stand in line for an hour to get into a store that happens to have that one present that someone desperately wants at a super great price. Alright this may not sound like fun to some people, but I love it. Then I probably get to come home and get all my Christmas decorations out and sort through and see what I have and what I need.

I love the holidays.

Well, there’s my excuse for not writing. Not that I really need an excuse and not that anyone really cares, but that’s the point of a blog. To pretend that people care about what you have to say. So there.

Besides, I like to have a topic to write about and I just haven’t had any good ideas lately. I did read one of my favorite blogs recently, Beyond Elsewhere, and it turns out that someone decided to rudely harass her with unkind comments. I hate people like that. Really what’s the point? I can only imagine it’s to make themselves feel better about their pathetic lives. I have had my fair share of unwanted comments left and it’s still my contention that those people are a waste of life. Seriously, they have nothing better to do than bring others down in order to fill some kind of void? Don’t they have other ways to do that? I suppose not.

Side note: If it’s not obvious, I’m in a mood this week.

Yes, this whole week has simply been one irritation piled on the next. I work with this man that irritates me to no end. It’s just disgusting to me the way he acts. (I don’t really like using the word disgusting there, but I can’t find another one that is as appropriate.) I don’t know exactly when it was the line was crossed with him but I haven’t been able to see the line for a couple of months now. We are moving farther and farther away from that line each week. I swear to God if even a teeny tiny part of him ever touches me in any way or brushes up against me accidentally or anything I will go postal at my corporate job. Okay, not really postal, but there will be some kind of explosion. And I feel awful for feeling like this, but this week I can’t help it.

What else? I actually did go postal on the ex. My dog is now afraid of me because of the yelling. He actually isn’t my dog anymore, I gave him to my ex because the dog and Brian didn’t get along. I think they’re very happy together. I still miss him. (The dog, not the ex.) Anyway, we’re having a difference of opinion in regards to some issues about the kids. I don’t feel like they’re ever going to be resolved. I’m so sick of it. I couldn’t keep quiet anymore and I just freaked out. This is my problem. I hate this about myself. I never speak up about things that I don’t like. I hate confrontation and then the next thing I know I’m freaking out. It’s so unhealthy. For everyone I’m around I imagine.

I feel like I’m a big, fat complainer. This whole post is completely negative. So ending on a positive note will probably be good. In the spirit of Thanksgiving here are some things I’m thankful for. At least some things I’ve been thinking about lately.

I’m thankful that I work with a wonderful person. She is always happy and nice and doing things for others. She is one of the few people in this world that I believe is genuinely happy with her life and I’m glad we met. Plus, she has a fun name, which also makes her even more interesting.

I’m thankful that I wake up every morning with someone who I could stay in bed with all morning, and afternoon, and evening. Maybe even days, though that would be kind of gross. Regardless, we hardly ever get a chance to just lay around in bed, but if we could I would be more than happy to do nothing with him all day. For some reason that makes me happy.

I have also been thinking about something lately that has nothing to do with being thankful, it’s more of a conclusion I have come to. I have decided that I like a woman I work with. (Not in a perv way, Brian). Anyway, when I fist started my job in Transportation I had a preconceived notion of this person. She was not spoken of highly by a certain person. I was very short-tempered with her when I first started. This person who spoke of her has since lost all credibility in my book and I have come to realize that she’s quirky, but nice and has good intentions. She’s actually very personable, which I never realized because I use to not small talk with her. Now I do and my conclusion is you shouldn’t let people influence your feelings towards another person. I know it seems elementary, but it’s not. It’s easy to believe things about someone you don't know. I’m just not going to anymore. It’s dumb.

2 Comments:

  • Firstly - bwahahaha! regarding the post title. I feel so loved. As long as a restraining order didn't follow that I was happy. Heh.

    Secondly - yay! a post! See, I knew you had it in you! ;) I know what you mean about being busy. Between work and personal stuff, I swear I have no time to breathe. I still blog because it my preferred method of procrastination these days. When I'm really fed up at work I surf and read all my fave blogs. I have a top 6 that I read daily (and many times in the day) and you're on it. :) See, I'm a loyal stalker!

    If it makes you feel any better, I am also stalking a pug who has his own blog. He makes me smile. :) I'm thinking of trying to set him and Annie up. Not sure if Annie will care all that much since she was just syaped this week.

    Thirdly (and I'll make this quick because this is getting looooong) I wish I could have another thanksgiving. I love turkey. I hope you have a great holiday & and great 4th birthday party for Jordan. Thanks also for the kind words in regards to my comment problems. People like that just make me so tired lately.

    Hm... we have Boxing Day (26th Dec) as our great shopping deals day. I hate it. Too many people and well, it's shopping. Ugh. You'd probably love it though. Stores are only open from 1pm until 5pm and they have everything (mostly) 70%-90% off).

    Ok! That's enough out of me! Glad to see you back, though :)

    By Blogger cat, at 4:44 PM, November 19, 2004  

  • Aw, now I feel loved. Thanks for the comment! You are on my must read list also and I read daily. Of course your a good blogger girl and post as often as I read. I'll try and be better.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:41 AM, November 20, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home