Pink Sheets

Thursday, November 04, 2004

News Break

Now that the elections are over I’m taking a break from the news. I’m not going to read it at work anymore. For at least a couple of weeks. I’m sure there isn’t anything I need to know. World events? Hogwash. I’m sick of the news. I do read US News Weekly while working out, so that will be good enough for right now. I’m sick of politics and war and natural disasters. I think paying so much attention to the news can make one depressed or insane. Seriously. I think it’s true: ignorance is bliss. Last night Brian yelled at one of the news guys, Brian Williams maybe? And called him stupid. He should take a break also, but I don’t think he can.

On election night we went to a party for the campaign that Brian has been working on all month. That was pretty interesting. Basically it consisted of everyone sitting around watching the news and waiting for all the results to come in. That part was not the interesting part. I think I was mostly fascinated by the variety of people that were there. I talked with an old lawyer guy for awhile. He was funny and drunk. He talked about the places he has been and how Idaho is his favorite vacation spot and that’s why he moved here. I soon grew weary of this conversation and Brian came and rescued me. There was also a girl with a mohawk. I’m not sure what I think about that, but I suppose it’s cool. Just not for me. I like hair. My hair is short, but I prefer hair covering my entire head. And I don’t ever want my head shaved in anyway. But, that’s just me. Those are the people that stick out in my mind the most. There was, of course, several other people I’m sure were equally as weird, but none worth mentioning. Well, there was the super tall girl. By super tall I mean freakishly tall. I’m not sure of the exact measurement, but I’m 5’4”, she was double me. Not really but it seemed like it. And there was a girl with bug eyes. That’s all I have.

Anyway, there was a ton of alcohol so I had my fair share of beers. We didn’t leave until 12:30 and I still woke up and went to work. Yes, I was late, but hey I’m a trooper. I was so tempted to stay home. That morning it was so gloomy and rainy outside. I wanted to crawl on the couch with a warm blankie and watch movies all day. That would be perfect. Maybe another day.

Speaking of movies I have a new favorite. Well, I’m not sure it can be called a favorite because I’ve only seen it once. But it was awesome. It’s called Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind with Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet. It’s a love story and the whole thing could be considered sappy by some, but it was sweet. I won’t go into the details, but I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes sweet, sappy movies.

PS Brian fell asleep less than half way through if that’s any indication of the male perspective of the movie. Boys!

1 Comments:

  • I never watch the news, or read the paper. One of the main reasons I never know what's going on. Heh. To be honest I can't handle the news, it used to really make my stomach hurt and I'd get all panicky. I can't deal with that. I'm a lot calmer in handling things now but it depresses the hell out of me. And other than that I really don't care about anything else.

    I used to get the paper delivered each morning when I first moved out. My parents always had it, so I thought I should. After a year I cancelled it because the only thing I ever read were the comics. I swear. And I wasn't about to pay $100 a year or whatever amount just for comics.

    Never saw that movie. Don't know if I want to. Maybe one day I'll see it. Tomorrow The Incredibles comes out, that makes me happy. And Bridget Jones in two (??) weeks. Yay!

    By Blogger cat, at 5:04 PM, November 04, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home