Pink Sheets

Thursday, February 03, 2005

What I'm Not Going to Write About

I was told that I was a grouch this weekend. I think that may be true. I feel much better now. I don't know why I was so grouchy, but I remember thinking I was going to post some things and almost everything I wanted to talk about was negative. Not necessarily negative about my life and things happening to me, but the post ideas were rather bitchy towards others. For instance, when I was looking through the photo blog I noticed a picture of my sister. I wondered what she would look like if she actually took the time to take care of herself. I get so annoyed that she doesn't give a second thought to the way she looks. Wouldn't she feel so much better if she styled her hair in some fashion or maybe dressed in things other than t-shirts and sweat pants? She takes no pride in the way she looks and she's always embarrassed about it. I wonder why she never wants to have her picture taken. I'm not even talking about her applying make-up, I'm just saying brush your hair or have it cut. Something.

I was also going to write about how the state I live in is insane. I am amazed that people are so ignorant. Ignorant is actually too nice of a term to use. People in this state are stupid. I mean, I sort of knew this already, because I've lived here all my life. But I'm still shocked when I read the stupidity in the paper. Honestly, I read an article in our local newspaper about a law banning gay marriage and some of the remarks that people are making whom favor the law are asinine. It's just ludicrous the way these people think. They believe that the sanctity and institution of marriage would be ruined if gay couples are allowed to get married. How absurd is that! I know, most sane humans know the absurdity of these remarks, but people say them out loud. They are, in mind, fools. Idiots if you will. I'm not going to go into anymore. I think my opinion on the subject is rather apparent.

I was also going to write about how some of co-workers drive me up the wall. Seriously, one lady says my name and she may as well be dragging her nails across a blackboard. That's how annoying it is.

But, I have since changed my mind on all of these topics. First of all, most of these are minor annoyances that sound like they may be my problem. It's not my sister's problem that I am annoyed by her appearance. She is allowed to dress the way she wants. She's an adult and if she wants to dress like a teenage boy, so be it.

If people want to believe that allowing gay marriages to take place will ruin marriage as we know it (stupid!), fine. As Brian likes to say, you're allowed to have your own opinion, even if it's wrong. (Not a direct quote, but pretty close. And yes, he says this to me.)

As for the people at work. I just have to live with that. There's nothing I can possibly do about it. There is always that possibility that they could be abducted by aliens, but I don't wish that would happen. That's bad karma. I just want good karma.

That is why I'm not going to write about these things. I don't want to have one of those blogs. I want a happy blog. Not necessarily one that is harsh and negatively opinionated. If that makes sense.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home