Pink Sheets

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Barbie

I have a new love. Her name is Barbie. So far, I only have three collectible Barbies, but I plan on expanding that collection. Christmas of 2003 I received the Holiday Visions Barbie and last Christmas I received both of the 45th Anniversary Barbies. One is by Bob Mackie, the other is by Robert Best. The Robert Best doll is my absolute favorite so far. She came in a unique box. It's not the usual Barbie wrapping that you find on store shelves. She came in a smaller box, where the lid lifts off. There you find the Barbie wrapped in tissue paper. There are no plastic covers, just the Barbie. I adore this Barbie.

I plan on asking for a new Barbie for my birthday and I have it narrowed down to two choices. Either Badgley Mischka Bride Barbie® or the
Chocolate Obsession™ Barbie® Doll. They're both beautiful dolls, but I'm leaning towards the Mischka doll. And no, it's not because I want to get married and have a dress like that. Though, if I was ever to marry, I would love that dress. Anyway, if anyone has an opinion on either of these Barbies, leave a comment. My birthday is months away, but I want to make sure Brian knows exactly which one I want.

3 Comments:

  • why did i think your birthday was in march? is it just because you're planning the belly ring for this month? i thought your birthday was this month.. hmmm.

    i kind of like the chocolate barbie better than the bride one. not sure why. i think she just looks more fetching.

    and that bob mackie doll looks like curella daville. :)

    By Blogger cat, at 1:57 PM, March 05, 2005  

  • No, my b-day's in August. I was suppose to get the belly ring last year but wimped out or ran out of time. Whatever. Anyway, I'm getting a tattoo for this b-day so I'm trying to catch up.

    So, you agree with Brian, huh? Alright. Duly noted. But, you're right. She is fetching.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:12 PM, March 05, 2005  

  • Oh, and you're right about the Bob Mackie doll. I just never realized it.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:12 PM, March 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home