Pink Sheets

Friday, February 19, 2010

Wedding Songs

Right now I'm trying to decide on what I want our song to be for the first dance. Brian tells me that every thing I come up with is "lame". But the songs he likes are all break up songs. They are not wedding appropriate. He says he likes them and they're nice to listen. Hello, break up songs! His number one pick is Need You Now by Lady Antebellum. I love that song, it's one of my favorites right now but here's a sampling of the words:

It’s a quarter after one
I’m a little drunk
And I need you now
Said I wouldn’t call
But I’ve lost all control
And I need you now
And I don’t know how I can do without
I just need you now

Break up song. It's about two people who are not together anymore but wish they were. While that's a great sentiment, it's not a wedding song. The other one is Kelly Clarkson's Already Gone. As you can tell by the title, not a good start your life together song. Sheesh! So, if you know any good songs that maybe aren't "lame" or do not have to do with breaking up, please let them know.

2 Comments:

  • my all time favorite is "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison. It's an old song. Wished we could have had it at our wedding, but hubby didn't like it. So we had Keith Urban's "Your Everything" which imo is an over-played cheesy wedding song.

    Good luck!

    By Blogger Kate, at 8:59 AM, February 19, 2010  

  • I'll check back to see what the final decision is! :o)

    By Blogger Karen, at 10:43 AM, February 19, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home