Pink Sheets

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

So Far Best Year Ever...

We woke up at 5:15 on New Year's day after having people over for wine and appetizers to ring in the New Year. We have awesome guests because by 12:10 am everyone had cleared out. Including my Jilly Bean who stayed up so late and was so tired and begging to go to bed but had to wait for Grandma and Grandpa to take her home so that she could spend the next 6 nights with them. Which is the longest she has ever stayed away from home and I miss her so much. So I'm skipping work today to go get her early.

On Friday we drove all day to Las Vegas. I love road trips! I think that might be because I'm a little spoiled. Just a little. On the way to Las Vegas/Phoenix I drove from our house to Walmart. On the way home from Phoenix (14-15 hour drive) I drove from Boise to Nampa which I think is like 17 miles or something. I don't know why Brian doesn't like me to drive, but I'm okay with that.

Last time Brian and I went to Vegas we didn't really know what we were doing and I felt rushed the entire time and tired and hot. This time we did better. We gambled a little. We ate a little. We drank way too much. We had reservations for a fancy restaurant that we cancelled because we were having too much fun. It was great.

After a couple of nights in Vegas we headed down to Phoenix. I was so excited because I have never been to Phoenix. People in Phoenix are much nicer than people in Vegas. And we were going to the Fiesta Bowl. I could not wait. There was a pretty good mix of BSU and TCU fans at our hotel. I was a little afraid of the TCU fans after encountering a couple at the hotel. They seemed kind of smug. But the ones we met at the tailgate party and game were very nice. In fact, one of them took a picture of us together in our suite at the game. It was pretty funny.



And that's right, we had tickets for a suite. It was awesome!!! Brian scored tickets from one of our transportation carriers for seats inside their corporate box. It was so much fun. I can't even describe it.

But even before the game, the night we arrived in Phoenix Brian asked about a nice restaurant we could go to since we missed our reservations in Vegas. We had steak and lobster and it was fantastic and then we went outside into this garden area and Brian popped the question. That's right, the question and gave me the most beautiful ring I could ever hope for and I was totally, completely shocked. I did not expect it. At all.

It turns out that my friend knew all about it and I can't wait to give her a hard time because looking back she was acting so weird!!! But I'm so excited and happy and I can't wait to start planning!!!

Here's a pic of my pretty ring. I gotta go pick up my baby girl because I miss her like you wouldn't believe.

PS I haven't even told my family or Brian's family. I guess I'll start telling today. Starting with Brian's parents. They will be so surprised. I think everyone has just gotten used to the idea that we weren't getting married. But we are!






3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home