Pink Sheets

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Well, I'm back at work. Last week I had a few days off. Because I had my surgery. Honestly, except for the first day which consisted of being in considerable pain, not being able to move and vomiting, it was the best week ever.

I had my surgery Tuesday at 11:30 and wasn't able to eat a dang thing that morning. I couldn't even have coffee or put on make-up or wear lotion or hairspray. Nothing. I did, however, vote. In my pajamas. I know. Tacky. Anyway, it wasn't much of an election this year. Mayor, two city council spots and a jail bond. Everyone I voted for won, but the jail bond did not pass, which makes me sad. Because I just don't understand why people don't want the best police protection possible. It was called the jail bond because it would put money into a new jail, but it would also give money for new and better equipment. I don't get it. People are crazy.

Okay, so I go to the doctor's and get all drugged up and I have no idea what is going on but I know people are talking to me and I'm responding, but I don't know what I'm saying. Just rambling. I do remember they could not find a vein for the IV and that sucked and I remember the doctor making marks on my body, which was weird, and then nothing. Next thing I know I wake up and the nurse is zipping up my jacket and she said that she can barely zip it up now and Brian said I looked like a Barbie.

The rest of the week Brian did nothing but take care of me and it was awesome! I watched movies, he made my meals. The only time he was gone was the first night when he had class. My friend came over and fed the kids and gave me my pills and walked me to the bathroom and held the bowl while I puked. She is a really good friend.

Right now things aren't very pretty. I have some ugly bruising and I still have stitches, but the pain isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Brian said I was like a pit bull. :) I'm just so excited. I know it's so unnecessary and a bit superficial but I just love that I could do this and Brian was so great about it. My shirts already look better!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home