Pink Sheets

Monday, November 30, 2009

What I Expect To Be The Longest Week Ever

Last week was so nice. I did not want to come back into work this morning. But I did and I was on time. I forgot my access card though. My routine is a little off. And I didn't go grocery shopping yesterday like I normally do. I will be doing that tonight. Which is weird. And I will take Jillian. Luckily I have a short list this week.

Instead of grocery shopping Brian and I went Christmas shopping. We shopped all weekend long, yes beginning Friday morning. After a very successful Thanksgiving dinner at our house, which included lots of wine and beer we were unable to sleep. We went to bed early around 9 or 9:30, but we both woke up at around 12:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Brian got up and browsed the Internet and I did the rest of the dishes from the night before. And then we went shopping. We had a few ideas of what we wanted, but we didn't have to have one thing in particular, which made the shopping experience pretty okay. It was crowded but there is no way I'm going to fight someone over a "good deal". The kids do not need or want anything that badly.

What we actually ended up getting them for their big gifts are things they asked for and we originally said no way. I don't really know how that happened, but I suspect they will be very surprised. I'm so excited.

I know a lot of people "boycott" Black Friday, but since we have FOUR kids, it's really beneficial when you can save a few dollars on each kid. I guess it wouldn't be so important if we didn't have any kids or maybe just one kid. And besides, it's our tradition to go every year. It's the one time of year Brian doesn't complain about shopping and the crowds and we eat breakfast and it's just fun. Of course, I was exhausted by the time we got home. But it was certainly worth it. And I don't know what the difference is between buying the toy you are going to get anyway on Friday or waiting until Saturday, when it's not on sale. It doesn't make sense.

We also went to the tree lighting ceremony in Boise. I thought it was fun. There were a lot of complaints about how long it took and how cold it was and blah, blah, blah. Fortunately for me, kids only remember that they went and their parents took them and possibly when they are older they will think it's a good idea to take their kids and stand in the freezing cold and watch the Mayor turn on the lights. So there! And Jillian loved when the lights came on and was clapping and holding up her candle they gave us. She was also counting down with everyone and singing the Christmas songs. I don't think that sounds like a kid having a horrible time.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home