Pink Sheets

Monday, January 18, 2010

This Is Birthday Week

So, the next 14 months or so you're going to get a lot of wedding plan updates. This weekend we went and met with a photographer who I really liked, but I'm going to call a couple more just for comparison.

We also went to the Rose Room. Which we also really liked, and is a little weird because at first we had completely ruled it out. It's a pretty popular place to get married and I think we just thought it had been done and it wasn't for us. I think the reason it's so popular is because the room can be set up so many different ways and the times are so flexible. Unlike The Penthouse the doors are open all day and you have access to come and go as you please. We can also set up an area for the wedding ceremony and an area for the reception with out having to move any chairs around. And there are more options with the catering and bar selections than at the Adelmann Building, which was beautiful, but seriously, we're not paying $1000's for drinks.

This week I'm going to check out the sky box at the Boise State Stadium. That's right, you can get married overlooking the Bronco's football field. I admit I'm pretty much going just to look but I don't think I'm too serious about it. If I am my colors are so going to be blue and orange. I don't care what Brian says. I also have an appointment to see the Boise Art Museum, which I think would be really, really elegant but maybe not for us. We've decided on a more casual wedding. Traditional yet simple.

I'm pretty busy this week besides with wedding stuff. Riley's birthday is on Tuesday, which actually gets a little tricky because I wanted to take him and the kids out to dinner but the other kids have Awanas. And normally for a birthday I would let them skip Awanas except that Darby spent a good portion of her weekend working on a cardboard car for the theme this week, which is Drive In Movie night. And Jordan will be working on his tonight and hopefully Jillian will be working on hers Tuesday during the day. I asked Riley if it was okay to go out on Wednesday night and he said he didn't really care. Maybe I will just tell his dad he can have him on Tuesday. Hmph!

Also, Brian's birthday is on Wednesday. And since he won't be home until very late on Wednesday (and we're going out for Riley's birthday that night) I'm going to make his birthday dinner on Thursday, which is actually his mom's birthday. And I still don't know what I'm getting him. He said not to get anything big and I am just clueless about what to buy. Same with Riley. I guess he might get money. But I'm going to be getting Brian something.

As you can see there are three birthdays in a row, Riley, Brian and Brian's mom so to celebrate I'm going to have a triple birthday on Saturday night. If I can throw it all together. I have to call everyone today and at some point I'll need to go shopping and the house gets cleaned today so that's good. But Friday night Darby and I are going to a hockey game. Just us, was her request. It's her school's hockey night at the Idaho Steelheads and you get tickets and a hot dog for $12, which is a good deal, but that means I'll get nothing done on Friday. Which is fine.

Oh and I also need to lose about 5 or 6 lbs because that's what I gained this holiday season. Not good!

2 Comments:

  • It's birthday week for me as well! Except in my case I just mooch attention for the entire week until my actual birthday on the 23rd. Ha! Oh, tomorrow is my sister's birthday but that doesn't count. I never did like how she barged into my birthday festivities. How rude!

    I'm following you in my reader but I totally missed the getting married announcement!!!!! CONGRATS!!!

    By Anonymous Cat, at 11:43 AM, January 18, 2010  

  • I took Daniel out to lunch for his birthday- he loved missing school for an hour! Love the triple birthday idea! So...when is your birthday?

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 11:47 AM, January 22, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home