Pink Sheets

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Location, Location, Location

I have to admit, this wedding planning stuff is fun. Yesterday we went to check out the Adelmann building. It was so pretty inside and almost seemed perfect but there's an issue with the drinks. We want an open bar and the way their bar catering is set up it would be way expensive. They are on hold until we look into some other options.

This afternoon we're going to look at The Penthouse at CW Plaza. This one looks promising but of course there are other issues. They have a great selection of caterers but you only get the location from 3 pm to midnight and three hours of that is set up and clean up. The other locations give you all day.

I've emailed a couple other places and haven't heard back. It makes me anxious. I want to get the location settled so I can start planning the other stuff. Like the catering, the cake, the entertainment. I tell you this wedding is going to be fun. I'm doing exactly what I want. I think we have finally settled on 3-19-11 for the date but until we get our location that's subject to change. Since the weather is going to be iffy in March we need an indoor location. And that kind of limits the number of people we can invite, which also causes a problem because it seems our invitation list keeps getting longer and longer.

But it will all work out. No problems. I have given myself plenty of time to plan. And so far I'm a little obsessed. I don't know if I'll start to slow down but I have a feeling I won't. Tomorrow I'm taking my maid of honor to look at dresses. Saturday we have an appointment with a photographer. Next week I don't have anything planned but I'm pretty sure that will change.

I'm just so excited!!!

2 Comments:

  • By giving yourself plenty of time to plan, you're already ahead of the game! But I won't lie to you - on my wedding day, a lot of what I felt was RELIEF - that the darn planning was over, and we could just relax and enjoy it!! Best of luck!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 6:11 AM, January 15, 2010  

  • Wow- well you have plenty of time to get it all worked out. Do everything you want and as much as you want. No regrets- as long as your man is standing where he should be....LOL!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 11:42 AM, January 22, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home