Pink Sheets

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Vomit

I don't usually blog on the weekends. I try and steer clear of the computer as much as possible, actually, because there are so many other things I could be doing. But, Jillian is hanging out on the couch watching Bob the Builder because she is very grouchy. I think her dad sent her in from outside because she wasn't being very nice.

She puked last night, in her bed, on her lady bug sleeping bag. Again. She pukes all of the time. She did eat two hot dogs for dinner and went to bed right after a big glass of strawberry milk, but seriously, she and her brother have the weakest stomachs. I have no idea why. Brian says that Riley can walk into a room that doesn't smell quite right and vomit. And it's true.

He was car sick after a 30 minute drive from his grandma's house back home. It was warm outside and I know that makes his car sickness worse, but then there was this smell on top of the warmth. We were almost to our exit and it started to smell like beef jerky. He was just going on and on about the awful smell and why does it smell like that? I couldn't figure it out either because Nampa has some pretty horrible smells at time, but beef jerky?

We continued to drive and he continued to complain of his stomach and wanted to roll the window down. I didn't think that was such a great idea because I thought the smell was outside and that would make the situation worse. He made one last declaration of his discomfort, "that smell is so bad! I hate that smell!". Then Darby pipes in (after being extremely quiet I realized) and said, "we don't think it's bad. This beef jerky is really good, Riley. Do you want some?" We turned around and Darby, Jordan, and Jillian all had a Slim Jim. I have no idea where they got them.

Needless to say Riley was mad and we rolled down the windows.

So, Slim Jims in the warm weather on a car ride longer than 10 minutes. No. Strawberry milk before bed. No. Over eating. No. Mexican food from a perfectly acceptable Mexican restaurant. No. I'm sure I'll be adding to the this list.

Now that I have my puke talk out of the way...I think I'll check on my baby girl.

Have a great weekend.

3 Comments:

  • Oh no. Poor little thing. I used to get sick so easily. Thank goodness I was back in the day when a kid could ride up front. The backseat made me throw up on every trip. My brother and I wanted a banana milkshake once and I remember we both threw it up. Surprisingly though now I rarely ever vomit. Even with stomach bugs I just don't. I might feel like it but I hated it so much as a child I just can't anymore.

    By Blogger Deana, at 5:23 AM, June 24, 2008  

  • I hope the little one is OK. I've got a weak stomach (it's bad constantly!), but vomit rarely... Thankfully!

    I hope you're well :)

    By Blogger Nikki - Notes of Life, at 1:44 PM, June 25, 2008  

  • I'm a puker. I feel for the kids! Well..and you too since you have to clean it up! LOL!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 11:02 AM, June 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home