Pink Sheets

Monday, June 09, 2008

Mommy My Eyes Aren't PInk, They're Green!

That's what she tells me, but to her, every thing is green. I'm home today. Jillian has pink eye. It's so nasty. But I get to take the day off so I'm okay with it. I just had to make a million phone calls this morning. One to the grandma, where the three older kids go in the morning before they go to "daycare" (I get in trouble for calling it that), one to my work, one to Jillian's daycare, and one to the "daycare" the older kids go to. It's insane. I always forget the "daycare" number and for some reason it's difficult to look up. Like Jordan's school. I have the worse time trying to find that darn number. I think I wrote it down on a phone book. My fingers are crossed.

It's 7:06 and the kids haven't come out yet. I bet they're awake. I was joking with Brian they're probably up there wondering when I'm going to go get them. They don't come out until I announce it's time for breakfast, except on the weekends. They did once and it totally messed up my morning. I need my morning time. Besides, they need to sleep. Okay, someone got brave and came down. Now the two girls are in the bath trying to unglue Jillian's eyes. And there seems to be some swearing going on? I don't know what they're doing exactly.

Okay, enough about the grossy eyes. This weekend it was just me and the Jilly Bean. On Saturday we made homemade macaroni and cheese and delivered it to Brian's sister-in-law. Because she had surgery. Because she has breast cancer. It's looking very optimistic for her. I'm confident she will recover and get over this thing fast. They even said she might not have to have chemo, which would be so wonderful.

My boss was also diagnosed with cancer a few years ago. She's had a much harder time. She had surgery and chemo and I think she had surgery again. The chemo gave her all of the awful side effects you can think of, but she fought through it. And worked and raised four kids all the while. But now, she has a brain tumor and everyone at work is scared for her. But, I have confidence in her as well.

She's also Brian's other sister-in-law's aunt. And the sister-in-law with cancer asked the sister-in-law with the aunt how the aunt was doing. It was actually a very awkward moment. I don't think she wanted to tell her about the brain tumor. I'm not sure that's what she needed to hear, but there was no other choice. She wasn't going to lie.

I don't really have much going on right now. I have just been thinking about the two a lot lately and it worries me. I don't know why exactly but I'm sure there are a million reasons why it might. I guess I better feed some kids and take Jillian to the doctor and get rid of the nastiness in her eyes. Have a great Monday!

3 Comments:

  • hope Jillian's eye is clearing up - poor thing. It can be so nasty!

    Your homemade mac'n'cheese sounds delish. I'm sure it was the perfect pick-me-up for her.

    By Blogger Kate, at 9:12 AM, June 10, 2008  

  • Red eye is awful, hope she's better by now.

    Prayer vibes to all those who are suffering from cancer.

    By Blogger Karen, at 10:06 AM, June 12, 2008  

  • I don't dare call the boys out of their beds unless breakfast is on the table. They are beasts before they are fed! Change Jillian's pillowcase often so she doesn't re-infect herself. I can't believe it snowed on us in June (Utah)Did you get snow too?

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 8:31 AM, June 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home