Pink Sheets

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Stubbed My Baby Toe...

And it hurt! There was even blood.

I thought I needed to post something before I forget. I thought it was hilarious, but it may be one of those "you had to be there" stories. Regardless, I want to remember it.

While the kids were out playing on Monday they found a dog that had dug out of his yard. He was a really nice dog and they sort of adopted him for the day. Every time they tried to return him he would just come right back out. So they hung out with the dog until the owner returned home from work. Mostly Darby hung out with the dog. The boys lost interest and came inside to play computer games.

Finally the owners returned and Darby ran the dog over and gave him back.

When she came inside I asked how it went and she said good. The owner was happy to have the dog back and thanked her for taking care of him.

Then she added, "I bet if we kept him for a couple of days they would have put out signs and we could of got a reward for returning him."

Oh Darby. That girl is always trying to think of ways to make a buck. And usually she succeeds. Seriously. Her and her friend Tayler made $25 selling lemonade. 25 bucks!

4 Comments:

  • Darby=awesome!

    Looks like you've got yourself an up-coming entrepreneur. :o)

    By Blogger Karen, at 10:03 AM, June 12, 2008  

  • 25 bucks??

    If I ever own a store, she's coming to work for me, period.

    Maybe she could make a few bucks dog sitting whenever they go on vacations and stuff?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:34 AM, June 13, 2008  

  • If I stubbed my toe I would be so angry. My husband did last summer and he was out for weeks! Oh well, to good toe vibes all around!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:11 AM, June 14, 2008  

  • Toes & teeth, very painful when they act up! Surprised you can walk now! Hope Darby keeps it up...you may need to borrow from her in 30 years! I know I'll be begging my oldest one for money then! LOL!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 8:33 AM, June 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home