Pink Sheets

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Add Drinking Pool Water To The List...

I even called the doctor and they didn't seem too concerned with the puking and other things. But she still isn't feeling well. She plays and acts normal but that little girl has tummy troubles.

Hardly anything is going on. Next week we're going to the mountains for about six days. I'm very excited to get the heck out of here. It will be so nice not to be at work.

Speaking of work and I wasn't really going to mention this because I have a jinxing phobia, but I did apply for a different job in the company. And I have an interview on Tuesday. And I don't feel sick and nervous about it. Though I've been feeling this major guilt because my boss has a brain tumor and here I am applying for other jobs. But, if she were there, I think she would tell me go for it. So I did. And others in my department are supportive. So, I'll interview and no matter what happens I won't be upset.

I do think that our lives are suppose to go a certain way. Or maybe I have convinced myself of this so I'm not disappointed when things don't go my way, but what's meant to be is meant to be. There has to be a reason things don't happen, even when you try. I didn't get the promotion in my department that I was hoping to get, but when I look back I didn't deserve it. And someone else got the job. And I'm glad because it's actually been really good for me.

So there. I'll interview and then I have the next 7 days off. I don't think I could have planned this better. Writing that statement did make me puke a little in mouth...

Other non-essential items happening:

The boys went to baseball camp last week. Riley told me he was going to focus on baseball as his sport. I was so happy! Then he received a thank you card from a high school football player that told him to never give up on football. Always play football and always try and it was the sweetest little note. And now he wants to play football. So, we'll have a talk about how he meant that you should stick with the sport you love. Or in Riley's case, the sport his mom loves to watch him play.

I was filling out a registration form for Darby's church camp and had to ask her what the name of her church was. I thought it was funny. She goes to church with one of her friends and she's actually pretty involved. It's good for her and she likes it so who am I to stop her? We don't go to church, but I'm not anti-church or anything. We just don't go.

I bought Jordan those plastic clog things. I think the originals are Crocs or something. Anyway, he really, really wanted them. I just bought the $5 knock offs at Walmart, but he didn't seem to care. Until we got home and he noticed they weren't Skechers. Brian said not get him Skechers. These will last the summer, but I feel bad they aren't Skechers. Brian was wondering when he got so picky. He pays attentions to the commercials. You should have seen how excited he was when he got the Skechers with the Z strap. Have you seen those commercials? I guess they're "cool".

I love this new song out "Johnny & June" by Heidi Newfield. It is so good.

2 Comments:

  • Hey, thanks for stopping by my site! I like yours..lots of pink, which I love!

    Have fun in the mountains!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 10:22 PM, June 29, 2008  

  • Off to the mountains to unwind! Sounds like a great plan! And as Harold & Curmar movie said: The universe tends to unfold just the way it should!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 2:12 PM, July 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home