Pink Sheets

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Two January B-days Down, One To Go

Riley's birthday is January 19th, Brian's is the 20th and Brian's mom is the 21st. The order we celebrated was Brian's mom's on the 19th, Brian's on the 20th and Riley's on the 26th. We like to mix it up at our house, but boy do we have fun.


Brian and I decided Saturday morning we were going to throw his mom a party. Well, actually, Jillian decided. We were all laying in bed and Brian and I were trying to think of something great to get his mom for her birthday. We decided to ask Jillian what she thought. "Jillian, what would grandma want for her birthday?" Jillian replied, "a party." It makes sense. Who doesn't want a party? So, a party we planned. I called Brian's sisters- in-law before noon and it was done. Luckily, Brian's family is completely on board for spur of the moment, wine parties. Everyone brought a bottle of wine, some people brought two, and we had a little wine tasting party.


On average, everyone drank the equivalent of a bottle of wine. Let's just say we had a good time.


The next day Brian got to open his great gifts. He received a bread machine and a Home Depot gift card. So, let's explain the bread machine, shall we? For Christmas, the lady who cleans our house twice a month left us a loaf of homemade bread, which was obviously from a bread machine because you can just tell. Brian was so excited. I was at first, but it had raisins in it, not a big raisin fan. Anyway, he was so excited about this bread and when I told him it was from a bread machine I thought he was going to die. He said something to the effect of, "why don't we have a bread machine? We need one! See, this is the kind of thing you need to get me for Christmas!" Now, keep in mind that I bought him an HD DVD player. That's right, I got him this cool, guy gift and he tells me I should get him a bread machine. Well, I didn't. I gave him the HD DVD player. But, I thought he deserved a bread machine, and bought it for his birthday.

I don't know how to make bread. It was a disaster. I'll try again another time. For now, I'm keeping busy with the birthday planning and gift buying, which we still haven't finished. Hopefully, Riley's birthday is successful.

So, Giants are going to the Super Bowl. I was really hoping Green Bay would be playing, but they aren't. Riley likes Eli Manning. I could take him or leave him. I will, however, be cheering for the Giants. I've grown tired of the Patriots since like, the first game. I'll have a mini Super Bowl party for Riley. He wants chips and sandwiches and chili would be okay too.

Um, Heath Ledger died. Very weird. Only because he was 28 and Brian was just talking about he was going to be the Joker in the new Batman movie. I didn't particularly like him all that much and I really didn't like the movie Knight Tales.

6 Comments:

  • my sis has two boys and a ? on the way. my dad's bday april, a few days later boy no1, a week later boy no 2. the ? is due somewhere in between the boys!

    Anyways....

    bread machines rock. i've had mine for about 4 or is it 5 years now. I make allsorts in it, did you know you can also make cakes and jam in it? (not that i do!!!) you can make amazing pizza dough in it and fresh pasta. the bread is a sinch. email me if you want recipes! there are loads available on internet.x

    By Blogger Lou Lou, at 9:30 AM, January 23, 2008  

  • Love my bread machine!! Very good gift, indeed :) Hope you've recovered from the wine tasting - sounds like fun :)

    By Blogger Kate, at 2:34 PM, January 23, 2008  

  • 1 - Bread is easy, use fresh yeast and make sure to bloom it.

    2 - The movie was "A Knight's Tale".

    3 - Aren't you happy that the movie studios are going with the Blu-Ray format?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:39 PM, January 24, 2008  

  • I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your boyfriend is only about 75 percent boy.

    And it is weird that Heath Ledger died. He is the same age as me. It freaks me out a little. He was really good in "Brokeback Mountain".

    By Blogger patri, at 10:24 PM, January 24, 2008  

  • Lou Lou-I am going to email you. I must need help!

    MissGotWings-I think I'm better now. I'm certainly not ready for another party, but I'm recovering.

    ANounEMouse-Thanks for the tip. I used a bread from the box and that was most likely my problem. I could really care less the correct title of the movie. I think I mentioned I thought it was stupid in the first place. And there are plenty of movies in HD DVD format to keep me busy for years to come so I'm not really worried about it. Plus, for the time being they're still making them. So again not a big deal.

    Patri-My hair lady tells me that too. He's just silly!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:34 AM, January 25, 2008  

  • I have mixed feelings about the Super Bowl. On one hand I'd like to see NE go all the way but on the other hand, I like Eli.

    So I guess it's a win-win for me. :o)

    By Blogger Karen, at 7:57 PM, January 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home